Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird219

PMDG 777 Varients

Hi Folks,Happy Easter!!!

So, was watching the PMDG Comference in Munich on youtube the other day, and, a question popped into my mind(i have only been able to post now becuase in past attempts when i have clicked the "post" button my computor has crashed) -

PMDG Announced that the initial release of the PMDG 777(X) will inclulde the 200LR and the 300ER Varients.I don't mind if its people with their views and opinions or if it's someone from PMDG answering this:

Why model the 200LR and 300ER FIRST

I ask Becuase, in my OPINION, surely it would be better to Model the 200/200ER first. PMDG said that they chose to model the 200LR and 300ER first becuase the models shared some characteristics. But i thought the 200 and 200ER were the same in the sence that they shared some of the same things.

Plus, with the 200/ER, it would be easier to get familier with and train on before transitioning to the Longer,Slimmer 300 and the more long range 200LR

Just my two Pence ( :wink: ) and i would like to know your opinions and if I'm Lucky enough an answer.

Thanks Guys

-Andy Green :hi:

Hasn't there been numerous topics discussing this?

Just checked what variants my dad flies and it's the 200LR and 300ER. Have never really paid attention to the variants since no high quality 777 sim exists.

This seems to come up a lot on this forum, whats the problem with PMDG creating those first? Are they not popular variants with other airlines? Just curios as to why some people are making a big deal out PMDG's decision.

Regards

Rob Prest

Just checked what variants my dad flies and it's the 200LR and 300ER. Have never really paid attention to the variants since no high quality 777 sim exists.

This seems to come up a lot on this forum, whats the problem with PMDG creating those first? Are they not popular variants with other airlines? Just curios as to why some people are making a big deal out PMDG's decision.

Regards

The 200LR is a bit of an odd bird. It's use case is really only ULH missions. The 300ER is really the only 777 that Boeing sells now days. Many airlines have used it as a replacement of the 747-400. I personally like the 777-200LR a lot because its such an incredible aircraft range wise. However, I don't fancy flying 16 hours in FSX. Other than the 300ER the 200ER was a popular bird with airlines in the late 90s and early 2000s as the first 777's were delivered. Both UA and AA have large fleets of them with PW (ex-CO birds use GE90's) and RR engines respectively.

Thanks for the info, I know he fly's Qatar to Los Angeles non stop so I guess that's on the 200LR. I'm going to start studying the aircraft properly in a month or so but already know the aircraft pretty well. Not much difference between the types except powerplants, MTOW etc.

Was just wondering why People keep asking for the other variants first, I can't see any reason except wanting to fly a certain livery.

Cheers

Rob Prest

Regards

The reason why some people are making a deal of it, is because I am kinda worried we will see a 737-er and BBJ scenario where the -200er is said its going to be done, but then the 747 comes, and we never have it. All I really want to do, is simulate British Airways 777 [launch customer of the -200] and they don't have any LR's

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Does the 200ER have the same wings as the 200LR and the 300ER? or does it have the old wings that the 200 and 300 have?

200ER shares the same wing as the 200 and 300, 200LR/300ER share the same wing thats different from the earlier models by addition of raked wingtips. Structurally the wing is the same except for some reinforcements for the 300/300ER models.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

The 200LR is a beauty! It was built and bought by Airlines to do ULH's but it does do some shorter runs quite often when not used, I know EK & Qatar sometimes send them around Europe & Middle East, along with Air Canada send them around Canada. A friend who's a First Officer for EK was saying when he done UAE217 the 77W struggles with that route (OMDB-KLAX) unlike the 77L on the way back was way more comfortable with it. But yeah I'll only be flying the 77L under the Emirates, Qatar and maybe Air Canada Callsign. To be honest I think I'll fly the 77W more, especially under the Speedbird Callsign! Still doesn't matter, I can't wait for it. Got my first Polar Flight Plan ready :biggrin: Anyway it's Flight Simulator, you can fly it where ever you wish!