Sign in to follow this  
nrcrate

Is this possible? (Service based hours)

Hey All,

I have a quick question about the aircraft hours in the service based failure mode. I fly the following three aircraft:

• -800WL FedEx
  • -800WL BBJ
  • -600 BBJ

My question is: Can I make all three aircraft work off the same configuration files as to keep the hours I build up? For example, say I fly my FedEX 800 and it's down to 209 hours before maintenance. If I do a 3 hour flight in my 600BBJ, I would really like it if all three aircraft would now read 206 hours before maintenance.

I have tried to set all three to one aircraft profile, and have tried changing all three to the same tail number, but it's not working.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

From what ive seen in related posts it only adds on the 1 plane but if you want to change that you need to go in some configuring stuff, but i wouldn't do that.

Would be indeed a nice option to have: shared service based hours for all aircraft or just afew selected ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I agree, if one likes changing the liveries might never make it to the maintenance milestone.

Hi Guys

here come right the the old PS1.3 times to my mind!

There we could share the config files of the aircraft over the net.

Is this not possible with the NGX two?

Build up a base of aircraft, then pilots can log in and download a config file, fly the flight and load the config back to the base. So we would have a "real" sharing aircraft and this service base failure will have a great effect.

Just a idea, and a shoot in to the dark before I even checked, if all the service an plane data in just one files is stored :Thinking:

Bruno

Bruno 

Build up a base of aircraft, then pilots can log in and download a config file, fly the flight and load the config back to the base. So we would have a "real" sharing aircraft and this service base failure will have a great effect.

Just a idea, and a shoot in to the dark before I even checked, if all the service an plane data in just one files is stored :Thinking:

This should be possible... also automatically if you include it as a part of your VAs virtual dispatch/ACARS system. Only downside is, ACARS program has to be started before FS is, which is uncommon for FS based VA ACARS systems.

I am not a programmer though, I can think up algorythm, but someone else must implement it.

I have tried to set all three to one aircraft profile, and have tried changing all three to the same tail number, but it's not working.

You did do this in aircraft.cfg, not from within FS, right?

I just want to bump this once- has anyone been able to figure out how to do this? I really want to fly different liveries, but I also want to put wear as if it were one aircraft, not three or four and have to put three or four times the amount of time in to achieve this. :Nail Biting:

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

putting them all into same tailnumber does not work?

Other than that, I do think there might be a way to do it, not automatically but otherwise relatively effectively.

Someone with some programming experience could write a script that would keep the part after options in the .ini file synced. basically it could be a script that takes the most recent .ini file and puts anything in line 97 and below into every .ini file in the forlder.

putting them all into same tailnumber does not work?

I'm going to try that again. I'll get back to you in a bit.

And if not, then I'm going to look into the script. Shouldn't be all that hard...

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo