Sign in to follow this  
Rakham

Need some help with HGS settings

Good afternoon,

I need to understand fully this HGS on the radio panel.

In the MODE what means PRI,AIII,IMC,VMC?

STBY what means IMC,VMC,AIII ARM

RWY and G/S is ok.

I want to make fully auto landings using ILS.

Thank you for your kind attention,

Jean Paul

please note that this document is copyright and you are not allowed to post this link here! (i myself had to learn this first so please no hard feelings ;) )

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

yea all you got to do is google hgs or something similiar and it will bring the same thing up that how i found this doc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

These modes only affect what you see on HGS. This is not really required to do an autoland.

MODE means which mode is currently active and shown on HGS.

SBY means which mode you get when you push MODE button once. I *think* AIII ARM will make AIII mode active automatically when you pass some basic requirements (mainly that you are stable on approach and both radios are set for ILS - as is normal for autoland.

There are several modes:

PRI - is basically a PFD representation, with some minor differences, such as flight path vector being a primary component rather than attitude airplane symbol, and FD thingy is coupled to FPV not airplane symbol.

VMC is a decluttered view for visual approaches. It shows more basic information, for ex. it has no speed tape and altitude tape, only current and preselected indications, has no compass, but it has landing glidepath indication (normally 3° under horizon)

IMC is basically same as IMC, but has some more indications for instrument approaches.

AIII is again similar to IMC, but has some more extra data that allow for very low visibility precision manual approach, most notably, it will display runway outline and then rollout guidance after touchdown.

Sorry for the link, and I do remember the earlier post...my mistake. Can't edit my post now, however.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Good morning,

Thank you Fabo and sorry for the delay due to time zone!

So now it is clear. HGS is not a must for autoland. Kind of snake oil!:-)

Have a good day.

Jean Paul

Oooh, nice manual, thanks!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have one question, is the elevation and runway length in metric or imperial? or does it depend on what setting you have set in the fmc equipment options?

Pretty sure it's always imperial (on the real unit too).

Please sign your name to your posts here, it's a forum rule.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

SAS uses different units with meters instead of feet in RL though.

So maybe an option for this could be a nice addition to the NGX.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Hi!

Does anyone know how to zoom out the information in the hgs display, 737 ngx?

It is too big, and i want to make the info in the screen smaller.

Thore

It's projected into infinity, I don't think you can selectively zoom it out (it will get smaller along with everything else if you zoom out your whole view though)