Sign in to follow this  
Jaxsimmer

CTD corrupted user profile - I'm back to the beginning.

OK, I spent about 4 hours last evening and three today giving the product a run. Got to the point where I was on final with the photographer in the Van unit and BOOM, crashes to the desktop. Oh well, I figure, let's restart the product. Upon restart I get some kind of a "can't read corrupted profle" error, and guess what, I'm back to almost where I started and have to do all the missions and challenges again before I can do anything.

I've sent the error log to MS, hopefully they can figure this out. Hope nobody else has to go throught this. I guess you need to backup the config buried in your user profile every 15 minutes.

This is apparently happening to some users.

Make a copy of the current career Folder and try to recover the career folder using Folder ->Properties -> Previous Versions.

If you can recover the folder from a previous date, then extract/copy all the career files and paste then to the "new" Career folder

Make a Backup copy every DAY!

I hope that helps.

It would be amazing if Microsoft had a cloud technology called Azure where they could store/back up the profiles...

It would be amazing if Microsoft had a cloud technology called Azure where they could store/back up the profiles...

And even more amazing if they already implemented this magical cloud based based storage in games played on their Box of X. :LMAO:

I've gotten the corrupted file message which won't allow Flight to start a few times, but when I try again it usually restarts and everything is there. Only once have I had to go to a backup.

I seem to make a lot more backups these days. :)

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I lost my profile, or part of it at least. All the challenges and missions were reset, as well as the flight time I had for each plane, but all of my other stats, such as passengers, cargo, total flight time, # of landings, level and XP were saved. It happened right before the latest patch came out. The nice thing was I was able to do all of the missions again and get full XP for them, which helped me get to lvl 20 faster :)

Where are those files located?

C:\Users\**Username**\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Flight\Players\**some-numbers**\Career

Fred.

I myself have made it a habit to backup my Flight files on a regular basis after reading about things like this happening to folks.

I made two new folders in my Microsoft games folder, under a Flight Backups folder I created there.

One is for my appdata- roaming contents under Flight, the other is for my appdata-local contents under Flight.

Every 2-3 days I copy these files out of the original directories over into my backups folders.

While it has not happened to me yet, I am somewhat comfortable I can get most of my data back if it should. I hope.

Thanks for the tip . This will be my new routine after loosing my game progress from 2 days. From level 15 back to 12 :(