Sign in to follow this  
Stick

X-Aviation

Guest bstolle

Hm, I've posted here and at x-plane.org about my problem with real scenery not showing up and didn't get any response at neither website.

So I registered at x-pilot.com as they have an x-aviation forum but never got the promised activation e-mail so I can't even post there.

That experience presently rules out any purchase from them.....

Hi I read your post but the reason I didn't respond is I don't have any knowledge on the subject.

Hm, I've posted here and at x-plane.org about my problem with real scenery not showing up and didn't get any response at neither website.

So I registered at x-pilot.com as they have an x-aviation forum but never got the promised activation e-mail so I can't even post there.

That experience presently rules out any purchase from them.....

What could have happened that you didn't get an activation email:

Spam Filter

What you could have done in the meantime:

Check Spam Filter

Use X-Aviation contact form http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/contact_us.php

Use RealScenery contact form http://www.realscenery.com/contact.html

PM Cameron directly through Avsim http://forum.avsim.net/user/160876-cameronb/

Posting about your problems with RealScenery at x-plane.org will get you nowhere because x-plane.org does not sell RealScenery products. Posting about them here will also probably not get you very far because this is not a forum that Cameron frequents. (Would you go to Flightsimworld to ask a question about a PMDG product expecting support from their support team?)

You also failed to mention whether you have the demo version of XP10 or a full retail version. The last update (if you have the demo version ONLY) stopped any additional scenery from being displayed.

Guest bstolle

What you could have done in the meantime:

1.Check Spam Filter

2.Posting about your problems with RealScenery at x-plane.org will get you nowhere because x-plane.org does not sell RealScenery products.

3.Posting about them here will also probably not get you very far because this is not a forum that Cameron frequents.

4.(Would you go to Flightsimworld to ask a question about a PMDG product expecting support from their support team?)

5.You also failed to mention whether you have the demo version of XP10 or a full retail version.

1. I did

2. strange enough the folks over there DID respond immediately and tried to help me but unfortunately couldn't

3. Didn't know that Cameron is the only one member from the RS team

4. Yes of course if I can't get into the PMDG forum.

5. Full version

1. I did

2. strange enough the folks over there DID respond immediately and tried to help me but unfortunately couldn't

Hence, why I said you won't get anywhere. Response from the community does not equal resolution.

3. Didn't know that Cameron is the only one member from the RS team

He isn't. He's the only publisher of RealScenery and all support questions eventually go through him via the contact form on the XA site. He is also in regular contact with Laminar, so if it's an x plane specific problem, he can get in touch with Austin or Ben and find a solution. Usually within minutes. Mostly within 24 to 48 hours.

4. Yes of course if I can't get into the PMDG forum.

They have a support ticket system. Just like X-Aviation. Why would you even go to another forum?

I'm sorry this has ruined your experience for you, but seeing as you haven't tried and exhausted all the proper channels, I'd say it's a little premature to be saying such things.

I once waited 11 days for a replacement download link from x-plane.org. THAT was a ruined experience.

Guest bstolle

Nothing ruined, Goran. These are just my first steps with commercial add-ons.

Thanx for replying :smile:

Hi, bstolle,

Whew, early morning here and it's showing. I just spent the last 20 minutes going through our tech support tickets trying to find something for you only to realize (as you've mentioned here) you didn't send in a support ticket to us, but posted on the org and Avsim.

For what it's worth...there are two of us working on RealScenery. Myself, and Eric. I am the primary contact for support, and I *sometimes* come through these forums, I always frequent X-Pilot, and I never go to the org.

I have read your issue here with regards to no activation e-mail being sent to you for your X-Pilot account and have just now had this manually activated for you.

As for your RealScenery issue, I would assume what you're experiencing may be a double folder structure. What I mean by this is your unzip utility may have created a file structure similar to:

Custom Scenery/Arizona/Arizona

When it should be:

Custom Scenery/Arizona (or whatever scenery pack demo you have downloaded).

Looking forward to seeing you around X-Pilot as well!

Founder of X-Aviation

Guest bstolle

Hi Cameron,

Thanx for the manual activtion :smile:

I tried to install the WA and the AZ scenery and doublechecked the (sub)folder placement which is quite easy, but the RS scenery doesn't show up.

EDIT: AZ does show up now. Maybe AZ showed up because I loaded a few different global AP first in an 'theoretical' attempt to clear the cache.

For some reason WA still doesn't.

Best regards

Bernt

I want to preface by saying that the products I have received from X-aviaiton have been some of the best. My first purchase was the Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise. About a year later I changed computers and had problems with the activation code. After contacting X-aviaiton, they helped me resolve the problem by resetting the code. In February 2012 I purchased the Cessna Corvalis TT and 2 scenery packages from X-Aviation - Arizona and Phx Hi Res. When making the purchase, I decided to also add the Scenery DVD's for an additional $5 per scenery package plus $9.95 shipping. I wanted to make certain I had a backup in case I had trouble downloading such large files. As it turned out, the downloads went well and I was extremely pleased with the product. All files were immediately backed up. The issue is I never received the scenery DVD's that I paid for. After 4 weeks and not receiving the DVD's I contacted Cameron through X-aviation contact page and got an immediate response, Cameron asking me to verify my shipping address. He went on to say he would check shipping address and resend. I verified my address and waited for some word. This was on March 23. On March 28th I emailed X-aviation to inquire if my shipping address was received and verified. Again, I received no response. I have attempted contacting X-Aviaiton on 4/4, 4/16, 4/23, and most recently 4/25. The first and only response I received from Cameron was on 3/22 when he asked that I verify shipping address. I am not sure if Cameron is not receiving my emails. I am sending my emails through their contact page as well as direct email orders@xaviation.com. I am not at all jumping to any conclusions. It is possible that Cameron is not receiving my emails. I am running out of options in terms of resolving this. I am hopeful someone here may have an idea.

Azman, Have you checked your spam filter?

I'll contact Cameron and tell him that you posted here.

Goran

Yes, I did check my filter. Thank you Goran for your help and with Eric's help ( from RealScenery.com) With Eric's help, the message did get to Cameron. Cameron replied back to me immediately and turns out my emails were being marked as spam on his end and filtered. Simply a communication glitch in terms of email filter issues. Looks like all is well and thank you again Goran, Eric from RealScenery, and Cameron of X-Aviaiton for your prompt assistance. Best Regards

Brian

You're welcome. I did alert Cameron to your post this morning.

Glad you got it sorted.