Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Saitek radio panel detents, frequency skips, etc.

Hi all,

For those of you familiar with the Saitek radio panel:

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/radio.html

just wondering if there's fix for the knob settings. Each click should equal one "point" of frequency change, but a click is two points, meaning, for example, that you jump from 111.00 to 113.00 on clicks, and 112.00 falls "between" the clicks.

thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

SPAD is your solution:http://fstools.weebl...m/download.html

De install your Saitek drivers, and install SPAD. It will install its own drivers and you can customize plenty of functions which are not available by defaut.

Try this and let us know if that solved your issue!

Here a non exhaustive lists of improvements brought:

Compatibility with addon aircraft supporting keystrokes and virtual joystick button (using Peter Dowson's FSUIPC)

- Improved knobs sensitivity with tunable acceleration

- Additional features like altimeter barometric regulation

- Many bugs fixed (missed glide slope in FS2004, Nav1 switch etc.)

- Much better stability

Regards,

Stephane

Thanks Stephane-

I'm embarrassed to admit, but I've never actually uninstalled a driver (usually I just install new ones)... is this done through control panel?

I'm not at my computer but will try tonight. Glad you posted as I was about to return the unit.

cheers,

Andrew

dunno about the Saitek drivers...let me have a look in SPAD forum!

Stephane

Edit: Found on SPAD forum. Answer from Massimo (conceptor of SPAD):

"go to your "control panel"/"add-remove programs" and uninstall only: "Saitek Pro Flight Panels""

Yup - looks like it's working. Only catch is that I had to restart once or twice to get the radio panel recognized, but not a big deal.

Also, I'm not sure if it may be interfering with the computer properly picking up my trim wheel (it disappeared) but I'll figure it out I think.

thanks!

Andrew

turner112,

so did the trim whell still keep working? as I plan to go your route as well if it works well.

FYI, I did not install the Saitek drivers...only the SPAD drivers, and everything works fine for me (radio panel, BIP, multi panel, switch panel, cessna pro yoke, rudder, TPM and trim wheel.

Hi guys - latched onto this topic because I just bought the Saitek Radio Panel and would like to fix the tuning knob detent problem mentioned in the OP. The Saitek products that I have are :

- Radio Panel

- Trimwheel

- multiple Intsrument Panels (the little square ones, not BIP)

Couple questions:

1. Does SPAD drive the little square Instrument Panels OK ? (I have several home-developed gauges)
  2. Does SPAD require FSUIPC to drive the above devices ?

Thanks

Hi Dick,

Spad supports: Multipanel, Radiopanel, Switchpanel and (starting from today) the BIP.

It doesn't support neither the Instrument Panels (the little square devices) nor the Trim Wheel (which is basically a joystick).

Spad requires FSUIPC to "talk" to FS. The free version in enough for standard modes, registered version is required to send custom commands like virtual joystick buttons or keyboard emulation.

Regards,

Massimo

... Spad developer... http://fstools.weeebly.com

Thanks Massimo. So If I understand correctly, I can use SPAD/FSUIPC to drive the radio panel, whle at the same time using the Saitek drivers to communicate with the IPs and Trimwheel. Correct ?

Yes Dick, exactly.

Well, you don't need anything to use the trimwheel. The trimwheel is simply a single axis joystick... it doesn't need a driver. Registered FSUIPC has nice axis calibration features which could be useful for the trimwheel indeed.

The IPs use a chip designed for digital photo frames ! Of course you need their drivers to make them work with FS.

If you want to give Spad a try, pay attention to avoid running the Saitek panels at the same time of Spad.

That's all.

Ciao,

Massimo

... Spad developer... http://fstools.weeebly.com

Yes of course you are right about Trimwheel. Thanks for your help. I'll take a look.

Hi Massimo

I'm interested in the exact same thing, but can I please ask, why not to run the Instrument panels at the same time as SPAD?

I'd like to fix the radio knob problem, but have 6 of these instrument panels (which dont all work properly anyway)..

Thanks

Rich