Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vulcho

Opera 7 final released

Guest Stratus_Fractus

If any of you like it, 7 final has been released and is very good, it has a lot of problems cleared up, a password manager added, and it can view the M$ homepage properly. The post form for AVSIM is still a little off center, but that's just a small bother.www.opera.com

Guest Vulcho

Using it at this very moment. One sweeeeet browser.I highly recommend it!!Alex.ERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Great! I tried the 7 beta some time ago, but that was not that stable, so I am using 6 at the moment as main browser. Let's try this new one :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Vulcho

Lucky for me, I don't have the JavaScript version. :)Thanks for the heads-up Vulcan.Alex.ERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Guest Stratus_Fractus

They released a patch today that fixed that.

Alex, just a clarification for you. I think you may be confusing javascript and java. All versions of Opera contain the code to run javascript and you have the ability to turn it off in the browser. The problem is many sites, including ours in the forums, use javascript for some of the functions.Now you can download a non-java version of Opera that doesn't come with all the code for running java. Java and javascript are two different things and the secuirty problems in question had to do with an exploit of the javascript.

Thanks Greg for the news, I was just getting ready to check over there for any news. I'm glad to see they took action pretty quick considering they tout themselves as a very secure browser, which I do believe it is when compared to IE. So far, my opinion is they have improved Opera beyond what I thought they would.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

>Thanks Greg for the newsNo problem. I've permanently switched to Opera.

Guest Vulcho

Hey Scott,Thanks for that. :)I really did get them mixed up. Yes, I don't have the Java version installed.Alex.ERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!