Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Adjusting Heading and Course

With the autopilot being positioned on the floor, it gets really awkward to make

a quick HDG or CRS adjustment, unless you fly from the right seat.

I've added three invisible clickspots to the EHSI in the VC.

One in the middle to pop up the EADI/EHSI, two in the bottom corners

to adjust heading and course with the mouse wheel, or reset to current

by clicking.

Here is how...

1. Create a new subfolder to your FSX Gauges folder and call it GaugeC90EFIS

2. Unzip the GaugeC90EFIS.cab file from your Gauges folder into this folder

3. Open the Gauge_EFIS84_EHSI_3d.xml file in this new folder with Notepad and scroll to the bottom

4. Insert the following text in between the two lines

<MouseArea id="MouseArea"> and

</MouseArea>

<MouseArea id="Heading adjust">
			<FloatPosition>0.000,362.000</FloatPosition>
			<Size>150,150</Size>
			<CursorType>Hand</CursorType>
			<MouseClick id="MouseClick">
				<Script>
			   (M:Event) 'LeftSingle'  scmi 0 == if{ (A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC, degrees) (>K:HEADING_BUG_SET) }
				(M:Event) 'WheelUp'  scmi 0 == if{  0 (>K:HEADING_BUG_INC) }
				(M:Event) 'WheelDown'  scmi 0 == if{  0 (>K:HEADING_BUG_DEC) }
				</Script>
				<ClickType>LeftSingle+WheelUp+WheelDown</ClickType>
			</MouseClick>
		</MouseArea>  
		<MouseArea id="Course adjust">
			<FloatPosition>362.000,362.000</FloatPosition>
			<Size>150,150</Size>
				<Script>
			 (M:Event) 'LeftSingle'   scmi  0 == if{  (A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC, degrees) (>K:VOR1_SET)  }
				(M:Event) 'WheelUp'  scmi 0 ==  if{ (L:AP_NAV_SELECT_MODE) 0 == if{ 0  (>K:VOR1_OBI_INC)  }	els{  (>K:VOR2_OBI_INC)  } }
				(M:Event) 'WheelDown'  scmi 0 ==  if{ (L:AP_NAV_SELECT_MODE) 0 == if{ 0  (>K:VOR1_OBI_DEC)  }	els{  (>K:VOR2_OBI_DEC)  } }
				</Script>
				<ClickType>LeftSingle+WheelUp+WheelDown</ClickType>
			</MouseClick>
		</MouseArea>  
		<MouseArea id="EFIS pop up">
			<FloatPosition>206.000,206.000</FloatPosition>
			<Size>100,100</Size>
					<Script>10020 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) </Script>
				</MouseClick>
			</MouseArea>

5. Save the file and go fly

6. If you want the clickspots in the popup panel, edit the Gauge_EFIS84_EHSI.xml file

7. If problems, delete or rename the new subfolder and the C90 will ignore it.

• Upvote 1

Bert

This works perfectly and is a great mod! Thank you bert!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Awesome Bert! Thanks. The mini-popup for HDG/CRS was one of those things in the Aeroworx BE20 that I couldn't live without. Glad to have something similar in this bird,

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Hiya Bert ---- hey, nice mod. Works fine (once I found my typo error :Big Grin: ).

Thanks for posting it for us.

Bob

I really,really really, want this mod to work. It was one of my pet peeves but its not working.

Just to make sure... Are the hotspots on the vr cockpit efis or the popup efis?

Are they located on the bottom corners of the top display? Do you mosue wheel them,click them?

All I get is on the efis display the usual mouse pointer will appear but any click simply open the popup. I am getting no other indications this works.

I went step by step and carefully went by your instructions. The only "if" is when I insert the above code I needed to hit space to open up a area to insert it betreen the above 2 lines.

Thanks for the mod and any help welcomed.

I really,really really, want this mod to work. It was one of my pet peeves but its not working.

Just to make sure... Are the hotspots on the vr cockpit efis or the popup efis? >>>Depends on which EHSI you edited, see the instructions above. 3d=VC.

Are they located on the bottom corners of the top display? Do you mosue wheel them,click them? >>>EHSI=bottom display - mouse wheel

All I get is on the efis display the usual mouse pointer will appear but any click simply open the popup. I am getting no other indications this works.

I went step by step and carefully went by your instructions. The only "if" is when I insert the above code I needed to hit space to open up a area to insert it betreen the above 2 lines. >>>>>Empty lines or spaces are OK

Thanks for the mod and any help welcomed.

Answers above.. note that in the VC, the bottom corners are blocked by the 3d model, so you have to move a bit in from the corners to get a "Hand". The middle of the EHSI will also give you a hand - for the popup.

Bert

I will try.

I was just staring at your text and mine and they look different. I think when I copy "left mouse held down" all of the above there are alot of blue lines spaces in front of the text. When I paste them betreen the 2 lines it does not look like the above.

I do not know if that matters.

Guest BeaverDriver

Fabulous! Thanks Bert!

This works perfectly and is a great mod! Thank you bert!

Yes, thanks Bert, this is welcome, what you've done basically is to reinstall Sandel's original arrangement on the EHSI. Precise and in front of your glasses, not by your shoes !

I screwed with this for over a hour last night and gave up. I was using the "lite" models and just switched to try the others for a performance test and the mod worked.

So unless I have totally went off the deep end, this mod does not apply to the lite models.

If so, how can I apply it to them.

Works great btw. Jim

I screwed with this for over a hour last night and gave up. I was using the "lite" models and just switched to try the others for a performance test and the mod worked.

So unless I have totally went off the deep end, this mod does not apply to the lite models.

If so, how can I apply it to them.

Works great btw. Jim

Hiya Jim --- great minds think alike :Big Grin:

I had made all my tweaks on this in the standard plane, not the LITE version. All worked well.

Then I tried them on the LITE model, thinking it would be compatible --- same plane, right???

Well, not so. The LITE model is a different virtual 3D model, hence its purpose. But for some reason, it will not use what we did for the standard model. They are different somehow.

Not sure why Carenado made them different in that regard, and I have not seen any workaround issue. To make life simpler, I am just sticking with the standard model anyway.

Possibly someone else has a clue about why they are different in this regard.

Good Luck and Have Fun --- Bob --- :Big Grin:

At least now I know I am not losing my mind or question my rusty ability to do a simple edit.

Now someone just needs to get a the gauge lights working or at least dim the full panel lighting. That will hold me till a patch for the other bits comes out.