Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Adjusting Heading and Course

Many thanks Bert. A brilliant little mod that makes EFIS management so much easier. I wish I could speak xml :smile:

Regards,

Brian W

I've spent hours trying to get this to work and read the instructions probably 50 times. Could someone maybe PM me the xml file? Now, the EHSI won't even start. i'm going to re-install the whole aircraft.

Sounds like everyone has this figured out but me........I made the above changes, and then tried the adjusting via the popup screen (undocked to the second monitor so I could see it), but the mouse did not move either button............just reread this post and it refers to Step 6, for the popup screen........does this mean the fix you did only works if I operate it from the instrument screen, not on the undocked??.........I have the latest FSUIPC with the mouse control for all three controls.......so when I roll the mouse it moves the view, ..................thanks for this fix, you fixed the B58 to make that work, now this..............thanks, B42L8

You can make the change for both gauges, the VC gauge and the popup gauge.

If you do, it will work in the VC, and in the popup.

If you have re-assigned the mouse wheel, this may not work for you, though..

Bert

Guest Mik75

Hi Bert! Flightsimming just became a little better with your mod, again! ☺

I use the mousewheel to adjust the elevator trim, with FSUIPC, do I have to uncheck all mousewheel controls to make this work??......and then I can make adjustments on the popup, correct?...............B42L8

I do not know for sure, but my guess is : yes.

Otherwise, FSUIPC will pass along the mousewheel action to the trim controls.

Bert

.I made the above changes, and then tried the adjusting via the popup screen (undocked to the second monitor so I could see it), but the mouse did not move either button.

I made a popup window when I first got the C90. Seems the HDG and CRS knobs do not function on a second monitor in FULL screen mode only. If you go to windowed and undock them in a second monitor, the HDG and CRS knobs work. OR if you run full screen then move the AP/EHSI cntrl into the main screen and back to the second monitor they work untill pressing another button then they stop again. It seems to be a bug. I emailed Carenado, will see how that goes!

I just put in the new patch, and a lot of the stuff was fixed, I guess, but I still cannot adust the heading and course with the AP knobs, have to go over to the co-pilot to make adjustments, the hit couse sel to change the pilot's..........is that the way a real system works...........another question, the patch now allows for the RXP 430 integration, does this work for the 530 as well??.........I only have that one...............B42L8

Have you tried using the mouse wheel on the Heading knob, on the Autopilot?

Either the one on the floor, or the popup?

Bert

Yes, no action, have to back to the co-pilot, and there the "fist" shows up to say I have it locdked.............auestion, when the heading know is moved, it moves the 'ilot"s as well, but not with the course, there I make and adjustment, the go to the AP and push the Couse SEL button to make it move..............is this correct way to do???? B42L8

BTW, this fix also works after SP1.

:good:

If you have successfully completed the Heading and Course Adjust modification, this one is easy..

In the folder you created, open up the EHSI.xml files again with Notepad and search for "22"

You'll find several instances of a pair like

<FontHeight>22</FontHeight>

<Size>100,22</Size>

Change these to

<FontHeight>26</FontHeight>

<Size>100,26</Size>

And, if you find the first character of the waypoint cut off in the 3d gauge, search for

<Element id="Identv1">

<FloatPosition>30.000,52.000</FloatPosition>

and change it to

<Element id="Identv1">

<FloatPosition>50.000,52.000</FloatPosition>

Same for the following

<Element id="Identv2">

<FloatPosition>50.000,52.000</FloatPosition>

Attached Images

• post-100706-0-42362100-1334248283.jpg

Bert