Sign in to follow this  
cthiggin

Can you lock the ATC Window?

Hello folks,

Been using P3D for about two weeks and really like the program. Other than having to sim in windowed mode, I only have one issue.

My ATC window pops up "dead center" of my flying screen. I can move it to upper right, close it, but very next time it opens in the same awkward place.

Also, is it normal to hear atc talking to you before atc opens? If not, mine does. I don't remembering FSX ATC operating this way. You could resize it, place it wherever you wanted

and it would stay. It would open first, then ATC would give you instructions and at same time the text would show up in window.

I have found when the P3D ATC is open, you must click off of it before you mouse / or / controller assignments will function. They work fine, but I must "close or click off" of the ATC window.

Your thoughs and help would be appreciated.

Have a blessed day.

cthiggin

Like the OP i have reservations about the way the ATC window works in P3D. I think it is a backward step. The FSX original was unobtrusive being semi-transparent and as the OP says could be moved off to the edge of the screen and would stay there. I also find the way the screen closes down is messy i.e. when you click the minimize button it goes out to full-screen. I also miss being able not to have everybody's messages on screen. Room for improvement i feel!

akstirling

akstirling,

Thanks for the reply. With no immediate replies, I thought maybe it was just "my P3D install". Good to know it's a "bug" and not just me..........Bad to know it's a step backwards.

In fact, I have to sim in "windowed mode" due to the fact that in full-screen, if I have to move the ATC, it leaves a trail all over screen, like shuffling cards.

Thanks again and have a blessed day.

cthiggin

Skylon5000,

Thanks so very much for your info - I'm happy to find out that it's a little bug in program and not just my install.

Have a blessed day. cthiggin