Sign in to follow this  
V1VrV2

List of Outstanding Issues/Bugs?

Anyone want to reference this post I made http://forum.avsim.n...answer-me-this/, also anyone using the AP at all, especial during descent? You hit the dsc and the plane nose dives, you hit alt the plane nose dives, the only thing that works is alt select.

I'm thinking that I will put all of these into a google docs spreadsheet for easy keeping.

Ideally, we'd edit the first post in the thread with the list, but avsim doesn't allow a post to be edited longer than x minutes after it was posted - to my knowledge anyhow.

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Trevor, my two bits:

there should be a dimmer for the cabin/dash lighting which is far too high at night (think what PMDG has achieved on the subject)

Thanks for your input.

Hello Trevor --- sorry to say I found another glitch to report. May have already been put in the mix but......

* On the Garmin GPS400 (stock unit) during flight the upper half of the display window disappears off and on. It goes black.

Note that both my observations here, for the Avidyne and now this one, have occurred during extended flights and at high altitude -- not that it matters but it might.

I think that should be up to Carenado to investigate and fix.

Anyway, another one for the building bucket. I never see these kinds of problems and so many on RealAir planes and I have several.....

Regards, Bob :sad:

Well this is by far their most complex plane, so perhaps we should cut them some slack... being their first foray into the realm of complex twin turboprops in all?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

All - here is the link for viewing the spreadsheet containing the open items. Please continue to monitor and report back via this thread and I will update as required.

Link: Google Docs Spreadsheet

Well this is by far their most complex plane, so perhaps we should cut them some slack... being their first foray into the realm of complex twin turboprops in all?

Yes, I definitely agree but I don't think any of us are trying to be critical - we just want to know what can be considered a bug and can be addressed and what we will need to "live with". This airplane is awesome and we will all certainly get a lot of use out of it but I think our collective attitude is one of wanting it to be the best add-on within the confines of Carenado's resources and FSX's limiations. Case in point, what I posted at the very beginning of this thread: "I, like many of you, have really been looking forward to this release and think it has the potential to be an awesome add-on (as someone who logged several hundred hours in the Aeroworx BE20, I've been longing for a King Air in FSX for a long time!). However, it seems that there are still some issues that need to be addressed - some minor, some major, here and there"

Trevor Bair

My Real World Travels

Hey Trevor --- very nice job on the spreadsheet. That should be an excellent vehicle to input findings and observations to Carenado and other C90 pilots. Thanks for your work there -- much appreciated I am sure, by all.

Your position statement on the C90 introduction above is spot on. Nicely stated. This product is an excellent opportunity for Carenado to lift itself up from the sea of single-engine (excepting the 340 and 337) GA planes with a very highly coveted add-on for the serious FSX community. We have needed a very high quality King Air for sooooo long....and it was time for Carenado to raise the bar a few nothces and go compete with PMDG and others and do it well. I sure hope they take this plane seriously as the major business and image-building opportunity that it can be. I am just loving it, warts and all right now.

Hang in there on the spreadsheet --- nice job again --- Thanks, Bob :Big Grin:

Also the Avionics startup is buggy...

HSI and EFIS go on when I engage master power with the master avionics in the off position...

Also the EX600 is on when the flight starts cold and dark.....

Thanks

Thanks all - I appreciate your help and feedback. I will try to get another update to the list at some point tomorrow afternoon here in the US.

Regards,

Trevor Bair

My Real World Travels

If someone has an OFFICIAL manual for the C90 can you check to see if the torque gauge is AC powered? I think all King Airs are. If it IS AC powered then Carenado did that incorrectly

The engine instruments would be powered from the DC buss to help facilitate engine starting.

Oh, and no... 'all King Airs' aren't... in fact, newer King Airs don't even have inverters.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'll try it again, but the autopilot did not caputre the localizer when I used heading hold to intercept the approach course for ILS 17R at KSDF. I was able to arm both HDG and APPR, but the plane blew threw the localizer without so much as a twitch from the autopilot. Everything on the HSI and the EFIS looked correct and the autopilot annuniator indications showed the AP was operating.

I can confirm Apollomaker's problem with the GPS400 display. The top half of the display goes black intermittently. I couldn't tie down the exact circumstances but the problem occurred mostly at medium to high altitude in the climb/cruise/descent. Seems mostly OK in the airfield pattern. Could be a gauge overlap/overwriting fault?

Regards,

Brian W