Sign in to follow this  
B747tebs

Honeywell Runway Safety System - work in progress

People like you, Tebin, make this Hobby as great as it is.

+1 to you sir!

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Wow Looks very Interesting... what Airlines use this system if you dont mind me asking

The Honeywell site (https://honeywellrunwaysafety.com/) mentions Turkish and Emirates, wiki also mentions Alaskan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runway_Awareness_and_Advisory_System. KLM has decided to equip in principle it but is holding off for now due to the large number of false alerts of runway incursions (http://www.onderzoeksraad.nl/docs/rapporten/Rapport_Taxibaan_EN_web.pdf)

lufthansa cargo is using it as well. have someone there who is testing the system and its logics.

Thanks WestAir !

All of Lufthansa group use it, Lufthansa Passenger, Cargo and CityLine

All of Lufthansa group use it, Lufthansa Passenger, Cargo and CityLine

thats not exactly true. Not every aircraft is equipped with this.

They will be... It's a very simple fit as it uses the existing database from Honeywell, but LH, LH Cargo and CityLine are using it.

We will also be using smart landing soon

Well its not that simple as you think it is. It depends on the aicrafts hardware. There are some types that would require more than just an update. (Of course its possible, that they developed converter for that in the meantime but the last time i talked to someone from HW, they did not have something like that).

However, back to topic... I am now working on the mathematics to find out if someone makes an intersection takeoff.

I was going from the information we have in the FCOM which says it is fed from the Honeywell EGPWS. I can ask the guys at LHT they will have more detailed information on the system if you would like?

no thanks, i have everything i need :)

just found a better way to check if aircraft is approaching a runway (also with a runway displacement)

yes, it will include smart runway and smart landing (you can see a part of it in the video, which however is included in both)

I mean as in that will call put when an approach is unstable, or in the case of a deep landing?

I have seen that page, I was just curious how you will integrate it into PMDG for things like the pop up messages on the PFD/ND and the caution lamps. Flap settings etc

thats something i can not do or only with the help of PMDG. I am working on the aural warnings. However, as i stated before, i develop in PHP and that wont be the final language. Someone else has to convert it in the end. I dont know if there is someone who is capable to do that and what else is possible. I think i can trigger the caution lamp (have to check PMDG SDK) but thats not what i am working on yet.