Sign in to follow this  
B747tebs

Honeywell Runway Safety System - work in progress

Hey Tebin,

Nice thing you are doing there! That what you showed there has much potential, and nice to see what PHP can do :D

Do you plan to sell it, or may give it away for free?

Best regards,

Jonathan

PS: If you need a (Beta-) tester, just write me a PM.

Hi Jonathan,

at the moment, i am still working on the logic and that will take me some days. After that, i am going to search someone who can convert this into a dll or something that is small and does not require a mysql-server, an apache server and php ;)

It was a test to see how it will perform i didnt think that php would do it but.. well.. you see. I am also not at the point where i can say if this will be for free or not. However, to give an estimate of when its done.. Well, when i find someone to convert it, maybe a month or so.

Very nice, if you need anyone to test or for advice let me know!

once i think its in a state where i can say that it "works for everyone", i will surely drop a post here where i will ask for beta testers. at the moment, it would be too complicated to install and there are not all logics implemented yet. The biggest problem at the moment is to find out which runway the aircraft is approaching (in case of parallel one´s with one of them having a displacement)

Hey Tebin,

Unfortunatly I don't know very much of PHP. (Some basics like variables, and some easy input-calculation-output parts, (a little bit more C++ however ;) ))

Also I don't know what you can get from FSX and what you can't get.

However, I made some thoughts, and may they can help you.

You said your problem is, that you have problems with parallel runways, which is no wonder. However, what is if you extend the runway center line some miles, and once the aircaft has moved some time along the center line, you trigger your message.

For instance: We approach EDDF. We have 4 runways there, and 3 of them are parallel, so now we are goint to land on RWY 09M (just as an example, don't know the actual number right now). We align up for approach, probably at least with help of the ND or even VOR/ILS. So you may can find out that we are on the extended center line, maybe add a timer (just to make sure that we aren't only crossing an other runway) and trigger such a message.

I don't know if it is possible to do it this way, or if it is even a good idea, however I just wanted suggest it.

Best regards,

Jonathan

hmm good idea but what if you are slightly right of centerline? you have to code an offset as well but i am not sure yet how to do that. however, i will see whats possible with FSUIPC. thanks for that. right now, the script works with parallel runways but not when they have a displacement (like 25L and 25C in EDDF) but it works at airports like EGLL.

hmm good idea but what if you are slightly right of centerline?

Well i don't understand anything about programming and stuff like that but i just thought if it wouldn't be possible through FSUIPC for your programm to "know" which ILS frequency is tuned and then you would know the rwy... Of course it would only work in ILS approaches... Anyway just thought i might try to help

Hi,

hmm good idea but what if you are slightly right of centerline?

Yeah, a little offset would be requied of course.

I imagined it as shown in that picture:

x... would be the maximal allowable offset of the plane to the runway center line.

y... (not painted) would be the actual offset of the plane to the runway center line.

May you can do it somehow like this:

<?php
if (abs(y) ≤ x){
"Trigger your sounds or anything else"
}
?>

I made use of abs() here, because to make it also working with a negative offset.

May this helps you, however I don't know if it is somehow possible like this, and I also don't know if you can get such data from FSX.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Wow Looks very Interesting... what Airlines use this system if you dont mind me asking

Well i don't understand anything about programming and stuff like that but i just thought if it wouldn't be possible through FSUIPC for your programm to "know" which ILS frequency is tuned and then you would know the rwy... Of course it would only work in ILS approaches... Anyway just thought i might try to help

the point of this system is, to inform the pilot inform about the runway he is approaching. that includes also a runway he is approaching but shouldnt. thats why i cannot stick to the nav frequency.

Jonathan: i think you took me on the right way, i have an idea that might work like this. let me work on it this evening, maybe i can get it to work like that.

"on runway xx"-aural warning works now as well. i have to figure out a way if someone makes an intersection t/o and also i have to calculate the distance. videos will follow.