Sign in to follow this  
B747tebs

Honeywell Runway Safety System - work in progress

WOW!... Tebin!

This hobby and community never stops to amaze me and it is for people like you man. Up, goes your popularity!...

All Emirates 777s are equipped now with the "SmartRunway" system. The first time I heard it about a 2 years ago it I was thinking - here is one thing I'll never see in FSX. You prove me wrong.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

thanks but i think as long as i am not done, you should wait with it :) because i cant do it alone and need help of someone else.. however, no one contacted me yet, so i just work to the point where everything works (but with php) and see if i can find someone who can translate my code into something like a dll file

I think these guy have or are in the process of making a RAAS option for PSX it you ask at their forum www.aerowinx.de/forum I would think there is a good chance someone can help with the programming.

Some seriously bright people hang on out on that site!

Ground part almost complete.

missing parts: aural warning when crossing a runway, Insufficient Runway Length on Ground,Extended Hold On Runway

shouldnt be a big problem.. then, there is an aural warning for wrong flaps setting at takeoff, but as most addon aircraft already have such a sound, i dont think that i will implement it (or make it optional), as there is no official priority system in fsx when its about sounds

Inflight part will take some more days.

missing parts: approaching taxiway during landing (this requires own entries in the AIRAC database which will later be published as an AIRAC extension maybe), altimeter setting,

Do you also plan to include the 'takeoff on taxiway' alerts?

Jonathan

in fact, that feature is already included ;)

will do some ground tests at EHAM and EDDF today to see if there are any problems

Will look forward to this! On advance thank you, an I bow my head for you and the other guys who take your time to make these adds. :-)

Best regards Jakob

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

alright guys, i made a new video. you see 3 aural warnings in there:

takeoff from taxiway aural alert (it comes 2 times as i wanted to be at the runway asap)

approaching runway XX

on runway XX

keep in mind, that i develop with PHP and it has its limitations. To not kill my apache server instantly with requests and calculations, i had to put it to "sleep" for 1-2 seconds between each request. I will work on optimization but dont expect too much, this is only a testbed for a future conversation to a native fsx/fs9 module.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Zu7cGVfSY

update for today:

- "on runway" will repeat after being on the runway for 2 or more minutes (and will repeat every 2 minutes)

- "on taxiway, on taxiway" accidently used IAS instead of GS, fixed that

- better accuracy for "approaching runway XX" and "on runway XX"

- script now works with the following runways as well: EDDF[18], EDDW[23] only exception is EGPD[36] which is a heliport nowadays

- system is only activated when bat-switch is in the on position

next update:

line up is possible from every intersection (an "on runway XX" aural warning activate once you are entering the runway from every intersection) however, "approaching runway XX" does not (yet) work with intersections

here a video.. and this time, with the NGX to actually stay on topic here ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bTyW8T4vDw

/edit: i maybe found a way to compile my "addon" into an exe-file, it might be possible, that i can publish it right away once i am done with it !

It would be perfect if you could make it into an EXE file, or, even better, in-sim .dll. I would be most interested in testing it then!

well its not like i have much of a choice. i am not a c,c++,c#,java,... developer. i only develop in php and therefor, i have my limitations. that exe thing only works maybe (need some software to compile it). if i am unable to put it into an exe-file and if no developer wants to convert it, there is no other option than to use it with a xampp lite or something later on.

I don't have too much C++ experience, however I am able to write a proper programm. I know the basics of PHP, however I know there much less than I do in C++. So I don't know if I will be able to convert it, however you may give me a part (just to see if I will be able to make it) of your programm and I will give it a try next week. I can't promise anything, however I could try it.

Jonathan