Sign in to follow this  
B747tebs

Honeywell Runway Safety System - work in progress

its quite complicated so i search more for a very experienced developer, otherwise it will be very hard to understand and redevelop that script. thanks anyway :)

Very nice work! Maybe PHP-GTK is an option for you (standalone, can connect to sqlite, glade to "design" ui, ...)

To start a php-gtk-app you can use a litte c++ "wrapper" (to avoid the command line) like this:

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <windows.h>

int main() {
WinExec("php-gtk2\\php-win runwaySafetySystem.php",SW_SHOWNORMAL);
return 0;
}

Of course it's only an option if your app should be open source.

regards,

Maybe the PMDG team can give you a hand and embed this module in the T7 development?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

i dont want it to be open source. there were scripts i have done in the past and i could see a lot of other scripts that contained my code. dont want someone to steal it.

@MMartinov: i contacted PMDG about that already but there is no answer to that yet. Maybe they have something better already

i dont want it to be open source. there were scripts i have done in the past and i could see a lot of other scripts that contained my code. dont want someone to steal it.

That's the point of open source... So you don't have to reinvent the wheel 400 times.

yes but selling stuff that contains my code (that was initially published as freeware) is something i hate. therefor, it wont be open source (and i wont change my mind about it).

no i didnt, seems he is developing for another simulator. i know a lot of guys who could code that but i dont have the time to write them all a mail. i have 3 forums where this thread is running at and if there is someone who thinks that he can do the job, he can contact me. in the meantime, i will continue to develop it in PHP (that will take some days anyway so i am not actively searching for someone at this time)

He makes things for PSX and MSFS as well as for real world aircraft. (ACARS over SATCOM)

He makes things for PSX and MSFS as well as for real world aircraft. (ACARS over SATCOM)

Yeah, so? He is relevant, how exactly?

It was relevant in the context the other poster commented that he appeared to develop things for another simulator platform.... Which could be interpreted to mean that maybe he does not make things for MSFS.

almost done here.. wonder that no developer worked on something like that yet... well, whats left is the taxiway thing, some crossing runway verifications and change runway on backtrack.

almost done here.. wonder that no developer worked on something like that yet... well, whats left is the taxiway thing, some crossing runway verifications and change runway on backtrack.

Nice!! Looking forward trying it out mate!

;-)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

How does your system get its position data? Is it reading the AFCAD or is it using GPS out data from FSUIPC?

I have been looking into making a GA application for the iPad that would provide AMM (airport moving map) and if possible having RAAS type functions.

If your system is using GPS data then it would be easy to transpose it into something that would run from a real GPS as FSUIPC uses the correct GPS format to simulate a real GPS