Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

KPHL for FSX Soon!

http://www.sunskyjet.com/

A quote from the forum,

Not sure how many more days...

I just got the finely tuned AFCAD files back from a beta tester - one for easterly arrivals and one for westerly arrivals.

I've built a small batch file switcher that will copy over the correct file - so no manual copy and paste. But you'll still have to choose which one you want.

Just check the weather before you load up the sim and access the switcher from the start menu.

I just finished reworking the night textures of part of the photo overlay to blend better with the default scenery.

Just have exactly 3 items to fix and then we will be there. Although each one is several hours of work. But really not long now... wink.gif

-Ian

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Incredible work, especially for freeware. This is as good as any payware out there.

Quote from today,

"I'm working on the apron lighting as we speak. It's the last thing left to finish."

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Can't wait until this is finished and I can give it a shot. I must say it looks great and am interested to see how the FPS pan out.

On a side note, Shez said the other day that he is going to convert all his FS9 sceneries to be FSX native. I am pretty jazzed about that since I liked his KONT and KPSP in FS9. Plus I want to try out his KTOL in FSX that he released for FS9 a while back.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah I'm looking forward to this one as well. The FS9 version is very, very good. Definitely payware quality.

Quote from today,

"I'm working on the apron lighting as we speak. It's the last thing left to finish."

Excellent news Jim. I've been checking the site daily. Thanks!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

KPHL: Almost there. It is excellent! I can't take credit for it because Ian is the FSX man. Hopefully when done we can start to make progress on DTW...

As for my older sceneries I am updating KONT FS2004 to update flashing textures etc. which existed in the first version, and am also using newer techniques that I have learnt since the original launch version.

I have made significant progress on the FSX version too. Watch this space.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I can't wait for this. I plane spotted KPHL too many times to count. Was good times when you could just park on Hog Island Rd/Fort Mifflin Rd and plane spot till your hearts desire.. Then they started cracking down a bit.. Now I just avoid all that and spot from Fort Mifflin. A few bucks gets you in and you get to see some great history and plane spot as long as you want in a beautiful setting and without fear of the police.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

My wife and I have taken our granddaughters to Fort Mifflin a number of times. Even went to a (noisy) wedding held there. Loved watching the planes pass over - they were about 15 seconds from touchdown.

What is cool is stopping for a few minutes right near the entrance to Fort Mifflin aligned up with 27R and wait for one to land. You can experience some incredible wake turbulence audio there. It's like being in a another universe for a minute. Plane has already passed you about 15 seconds ago and then you hear the tearing and wind of it come in around you and throws your senses into overdrive.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Very good news, I was waiting on this release for so long.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

KPHL: Almost there. It is excellent! I can't take credit for it because Ian is the FSX man. Hopefully when done we can start to make progress on DTW...

As for my older sceneries I am updating KONT FS2004 to update flashing textures etc. which existed in the first version, and am also using newer techniques that I have learnt since the original launch version.

I have made significant progress on the FSX version too. Watch this space.

Shez

Excellent news Shez. Love to see KTOL in FSX too ;)