Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

777 - Paint Kit

I was just inquiring when will the Paint Kits be available? On release or prior to release? Only because I'm interested in learning so was thinking about learning on the POSKY 777 but wasn't sure if you're going to release yours sometime soon for the 77L.

Cheers!

Luke, I really think you're jumping the gun WAY TOO EARLY. We only heard that the 777 was near beta at the conference. Give it time.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

As I understand it, the PMDG Triple Seven is at or near the test/final development stages. Thus even if they actually had, and were to release a paintkit for something that was not yet commercially available - which is extremely unlikely - it would not necessarily be suitable for use anyway, since one of the things beta testers would be checking would be how the textures looked and performed, in order to surmise if they had any sort of glitches or were causing any issues, which is unlikely, but not inconceivable. Thus until the thing had been beta tested, the textures would not yet be finally signed off, and so a paintkit for them could therefore not be signed off either. To do otherwise would be sloppy work, and as we know, PMDG aren't noted for sloppy work.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As I understand it, the PMDG Triple Seven is at or near the test/final development stages. Thus even if they actually had, and were to release a paintkit for something that was not yet commercially available - which is extremely unlikely - it would not necessarily be suitable for use anyway, since one of the things beta testers would be checking would be how the textures looked and performed, in order to surmise if they had any sort of glitches or were causing any issues, which is unlikely, but not inconceivable. Thus until the thing had been beta tested, the textures would not yet be finally signed off, and so a paintkit for them could therefore not be signed off either. To do otherwise would be sloppy work, and as we know, PMDG aren't noted for sloppy work.

Al

Alright thanks for the response Alan. That makes sense! Sorry it's my first time following a project really so I'm not 100% how things work.

Luke, I really think you're jumping the gun WAY TOO EARLY. We only heard that the 777 was near beta at the conference. Give it time.

My apologies Kenny! :)

My apologies Kenny! :)

No worries. It's also my first time following a project from day 1. The NGX was in production for about 2 years (according to my math which isn't always good...).

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

We get the paintkit after the plane releases, just like the NGX.

Why would we get it before?