Sign in to follow this  
frank1223

What we want to see in the upcoming 747 V2

Hello all,

Like everyone else in here, I have been enjoying flying the Queen since the time she was released. It has been such a wonderful experience doing long haul flights with her and so I am very looking forward to the upcoming 777 and of course the 747 V2 both base on the current NGX engine.

Since I am not an expert on the system depth of the 747, to me here are what I want to see in the upcoming 747 V2:

1. Textures with higher resolutions ( of course) , maybe a new VC will be great.

2. Options display in the FMC including load manager and fuel manager, just like the ones we have in the NGX. I found that really helpful for VA flying.

3. Still thinking....maybe the one we have now is too perfect..?. XD

I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Cheers,

Frank

Z. C

I bet it will be everything we expect.. and more! But I also really like all the other options in the FMC in the NGX to do things like load the Aircraft, open doors, connect power, set cold and dark etc. I'm sure we'll see that in both 777 & 747 2.0 :)

Did PMDG say they're remaking the 744 or?

I bet it will be everything we expect.. and more! But I also really like all the other options in the FMC in the NGX to do things like load the Aircraft, open doors, connect power, set cold and dark etc. I'm sure we'll see that in both 777 & 747 2.0 :)

Did PMDG say they're remaking the 744 or?

Yes. From the information posted by AVSIM when Mr. Robert was in Munich doing the presentation. it stated that the 747 V2 will be released shortly after the 777

Z. C

Guys,

Just to clarify - this is not at all based on the old 400/400X, this is brand new using the framework we developed with the NGX. Nothing from the old 747 will be used here. No need to worry about the VC being the same or anything - it'll be as good as (and probably better than) the NGX.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thats great news Ryan, might even have to get the 747 after all. Will it also have the progressive wear and tear and maintenance abilities of the NGX??

My knowledge about systems is very poor, but a feature I will like too see in any PMDG incoming aircraft is some tool that allow you to read charts (pdf's) from inside the plane.

I know there are some addons that already do that but would be great something built-in that also match the cockpit design.

Wait, better yet...once I was watching a pilotseye.tv flight and noticed the crew of that 744 had some kind of tablets in the lateral windows with a digital/interactive version of the airport diagram.

That would be just outstanding. :Party:

PS: No, I'm not using drugs atm.

Guys,

Just to clarify - this is not at all based on the old 400/400X, this is brand new using the framework we developed with the NGX. Nothing from the old 747 will be used here. No need to worry about the VC being the same or anything - it'll be as good as (and probably better than) the NGX.

That's a fantastic news to hear, Ryan. On my way to MDSD from KSFO with the Queen, she is still very impressive after all these years.

Z. C

Great to hear that PMDG is going to develop a completely new Boeing 747! I'm still in love with the 747 but I had to admit that I found it a pretty outdates plane related to the new NGX so I did not fly it anymore. But can't wait to re-join the 747 cockpit. Also excited about the upcoming 777, can't wait to hear the crying spoiling engines.

does that mean the 747-8i will also get a remake? will it also be an additional addon?

I'm looking for two things:

1. Improved VC

2. fully functional FMC like the NGX (ie. options, fuel, etc etc) so I can do everything from the captains' seat when preflighting.

does that mean the 747-8i will also get a remake? will it also be an additional addon?

I'm looking for two things:

1. Improved VC

2. fully functional FMC like the NGX (ie. options, fuel, etc etc) so I can do everything from the captains' seat when preflighting.

If I remembered correctly from the post made by AVSIM, there will be a fully modeled 747-8, which is very exciting!!

Z. C

even better than the ngx?the ngx is perfect brilliant wonderfull my mouth is running in water waw im looking forward to that. :Money Eyes:

it'll be as good as (and probably better than) the NGX.

*faints*

Guys,

it'll be as good as (and probably better than) the NGX.

Not possible

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Great to hear that..

Funny to see ''Future owner of the NGX'' in your signature, now it's the 777 we all wait for hehe!