Sign in to follow this  
kaspern83

Very Slow Response times

Hi, I just installed RC4 after being away from flight sim community for quite awhile. Since Ive got a pretty descent system to run fsx now I thought Id have no issues.. Well Fsx runs very smooth for me but when i start RC I get very slow response times, For example if im told to contact tower I have to wait close to a minute for it to show up as an option for me. Same goes for every command.. I am using pmdg 747-8, activesky 2012, I have latest registered version of FSUIPC. My system specs are: windows 7 64bit, 8gb of ddr3 ram, i5 2500k at 4.8ghz, Flight sim is installed on a seperate 1gb WD black hard drive along with all the addons. Thanks for any help as I I am unable to use Radar Contact until this issue is resolved.

Kacper Nowotynski

In RC options make sure Display Text is not enabled nor Prerecorded Chatter.

Just to insure you have FSUIPC4 downloaded from here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

To check for performance issues try running FSX without AS2012. See if RC can be set to run on a different core away from AS2012.

You can also try using all with just a default aircraft.

If you want to check your pc resource usage among your running applications download process explorer from here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653 using the download link, not the live link, at the page bottom. Just use the upper window pane.

I did the first thing you told me to and that seemed to have solved the issue =) Sorry but with the links for avsim not working for me while i was researching this problem Im sure there was a response for this somewhere on this forum. Thank you for your help. Finally enjoying flight simming the way I dreamed of 3 years ago =)

Kacper Nowotynski