Sign in to follow this  
XPX64man

Forum for Prepar3D?

I just purchased Prepar3D and was wondering if this simulator will be represented in the Avsim forum? (or maybe I'm just missing the forum)

Thank you! I looked up and down and couldn't see that. :Waiting:

I appreciate it.

Thank you! I looked up and down and couldn't see that. :Waiting:

I appreciate it.

Ohh I hear you dude.. With all the forums that are on the AVSIM site, it is very easy to miss one in the masses.. :)

spacer.png

Avsim hosting this P3D forum is great, and extraordinarily helpful.

But apart from an instruction from Tom Allensworth about the EULA issues, P3D has gained almost no editorial comment.

Nor do P3D developments get mentioned in the News columns.

Yet without a census or poll having been taken, I know that almost all the serious simmers have moved or are moving to P3D. After all it is the next step from FSX. Also it is the way to protect our high investment in FSX add-ons and utilities.

It would be interesting to have the P3D forum taken out from under the "other" simulators grab-bag and treated as a full-scale simulator for now and the future.

Yet without a census or poll having been taken, I know that almost all the serious simmers have moved or are moving to P3D

How do you know that?

I guess I'm not a serious simmer :sad:

Sorry Bert, it's like royalty I guess? Some are just born into their life as a serious simmer. Though I do hear of a small island nation who is willing to bestow such a title upon people, for a not-so-small donation...

Maybe some day those that like to throw out the term "serious simmer" or "hardcore simmer" will offer where that defining term comes from or what they have as their definition. I have my own definitions for such terms, but it's probably best that I keep those to myself.

Aficionado has always sounded classy, as in "Simulation Aficionados", or when feeling especially pedantic, "Simulation Aficionadi" may well replace: Hard Core, Die Hard , Serious Simmer or Zealot in any sentence where a touch of class is required the raise the tenor of the discussion.

Re John Nicol, Aficionado describes him well , i first worked with him on a beta test when a product for ESP was being tested, from there he found his way to direct P3D`s integration into ``Serious Gaming `` , an enterprising fellow who will doubtless be making news again.

Good Fortune John and Best Regards , CJ

I wish him well, And I hope he sees personal success with that makerplane.org venture. It will be interesting to see what LM does with the product from here on.

Mobo/CPU: MSI Z490-A PRO - Intel Core i7-11700K (8 cores - 16 Threads) @5Ghz (CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S)

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600XT 6Gb GDDR6

RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Mhz CL16

Storage: Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 500Gb & addlink 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2

PSU: EVGA 750BQ 80+ Bronze 750W