Sign in to follow this  
Gab5328

FSPassengers: am I doing it wrong?

This is with the PMDG 737 NGX

1st problem

The strobe lights must be activated when entering the runway, you forgot them. (-50)

I switch it to "steady" as soon as I have power from the APU, then "strobe and steady" before to enter the runway I'm supposed to T/O from

2st problem

Forgetting to set the cabin seatbelt sign to ON during landing or takeoff is a fault. (-150)

I turn belts ON before to enter the active runway, OFF at cruise, ON again when starting descend and keep it that way until I reach the gate.

So, how do I need to do it to avoid penalizations?

Thanks in advance.

I never use strobe lights and never got a penalty for that ?

There is a setting where you can set 3 different levels of difficulty:

1- No penalty

2- Landing lights on/off under/above FL100

3- Realistic (real world procedures)

You are probably using the #1 or the #2.

Yeah, I just did a test flight of FSp last night and got a huge -400 penalty for not using flaps properly. Well the PBY-6 doesn't have flaps for pete's sake.

Plus I couldn't find any accurate payload profile for the plane either, had to guess make one.

On ‎16‎.‎04‎.‎2012 at 1:56 AM, Gab5328 said:

This is with the PMDG 737 NGX

1st problem

I switch it to "steady" as soon as I have power from the APU, then "strobe and steady" before to enter the runway I'm supposed to T/O from

2st problem

I turn belts ON before to enter the active runway, OFF at cruise, ON again when starting descend and keep it that way until I reach the gate.

So, how do I need to do it to avoid penalizations?

Thanks in advance.

The first problem I had too. It seems that it's because of special PMDG handling with the strobes. You have to use the FSX standard key command "o" additional when setting the switch to strobe+steady or wise versa. Unfortunately you don't see if it is on or off after pushing "o". You need to know it from defined state.
Level-D works with switches only, I assume they set the right values (FSX variables read by FSP) and PMDG isn't using the FSX variables for that. One possible reason may be, that PMDG has a tri-state button (original B737) and not the on/off used by FSX standard airplanes. But would be interesting if there's a better solution for example with FSUIPC or a fix by PMDG.

Second problem. It's similar. The seatbelt switch for the PMDG as well as for the Level-D doesn't control the FSP seatbelt setting. So I use the switch and additionally "SHIFT <" (better to find than original setting). Too it would be nice to have a better solution.

Regards,
Stefan

16 hours ago, StefanA said:

The first problem I had too. It seems that it's because of special PMDG handling with the strobes. You have to use the FSX standard key command "o" additional when setting the switch to strobe+steady or wise versa. Unfortunately you don't see if it is on or off after pushing "o". You need to know it from defined state.
Level-D works with switches only, I assume they set the right values (FSX variables read by FSP) and PMDG isn't using the FSX variables for that. One possible reason may be, that PMDG has a tri-state button (original B737) and not the on/off used by FSX standard airplanes. But would be interesting if there's a better solution for example with FSUIPC or a fix by PMDG.

Second problem. It's similar. The seatbelt switch for the PMDG as well as for the Level-D doesn't control the FSP seatbelt setting. So I use the switch and additionally "SHIFT <" (better to find than original setting). Too it would be nice to have a better solution.

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan,

Not sure if you saw that this was a 5 year old tread you responded to. Since you've provided feedback we'll close this one and if people have new questions we can start a new thread.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator