Sign in to follow this  
Pete491

Power Loss to G500, G530, G430 & AP

I have had a strange thing happen for the third time just now. I suddenly lose power to my G500, 430, 530 & AP. I did see a post earlier in this forum that a similar thing has happened and that resetting the radio master would bring the power back up.

Not here. I've tried everything to power these units back up but the only way to bring them back on line is to reset the flight.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

Pete,

Did you have your generator operating when you lost power to the instruments?

Bill

I recorded the flight and just played it. I checked the generator and yes, I am an idiot, the generator was not operating.

Can someone point me to a tutorial on the check lists for this plane. There's lots of settings that I am not sure about?

Thanks!

Pete,

I am glad the solution was a simple one for you. On more than one flight I have forgotten to turn the generator on after startup up.

As to a tutorial for the checklist, I have never seen one. Carenado left out a lot of information in the documents, especially a diagram of the main panel. I had to just keep trying every button, lever and switch to see what did what. Some switches do absolutely nothing. It was mostly trial and error and reading all of the posts here on the Malibu really helped me out. Everyone here has been very helpful in answering questions about the Malibu. It's a great plane, once you figure it out!

Bill

Yup, while Carenado did a very good job with the plane, they did a very poor job at documenting it. NO tutorial, no information about the panel, some instruments are hard to see/operate because they are behind the yoke that you can apparently not hide either.

I believe the checklists should have greyed out things that are non operational in the simulation rather than letting the user go chase a button that does not exist or is not operational.