Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Do you run FSX in fullscreen mode?

Fullscreen Mode  

335 members have voted

1. 1. Do you run FSX in fullscreen mode?

• Yes
    • No

Why or why not?

I personally don't because I would constantly have to keep switching to Chrome to get my route, and then back to FSX to import it into the FMC. What about you?

I can't get my CDU II to work in Full screen, so I use Windowed. Plus, IMO Windowed looks less stretched out than Full Screen does, on my monitor, anyway.

I run it fullscreen because I paid $1,000 for a 40inch LED TV for a computer monitor and I'm using every darn inch of it. :)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Window, because I find its more stable in that way, and I really like to read forums on long haul flights, so its easier to switch in browser with FSX running in window mode.

Full Screen and never switch out of FSX. I have a laptop on the side if I need to check for a chart or map or something else (like AVSIM).

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Full screen. I had issues with alt tab and the windows key to minimize but found that alt-enter works without any problems... as long as I'm not running enbseries :Hypnotized:

Windowed cause I like to have some 2D panels viewable, but not in the way, at the same time. Would really like to use my laptop for 2D stuff but I have yet to find a program that can do this.

Windowed. Maybe I'll get around to getting a laptop this year and running EFB on it networked.

I'm trying to transition to full screen as it seems the recent tweaks need Full Screen.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Full screen with Laptop.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Full screen only. First, I find it far more immersive not to have anything else on the screen except the VC (i.e., full screen enhances my suspension of disbelief). Second, I have a second PC beside my FSX PC that I use for networked FSX applications and for other things such as surfing the web, consulting aircraft manuals, etc., while I fly.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I run in windowed mode but I use the AutoHotkey script (search the board for it) to make my window the size of my screen so I don't have a titlebar. So it's really no difference except I can use my other monitors to display non-FSX stuff

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

No.

Better performance in windowed mode.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Full screen and a supporting laptop which i also use to test products before going into the "production machine" :P

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11