Sign in to follow this  
Driftdown

777/747 v2 on a remote PC

Hi fellow PMDG lovers,

The usual question (it was just a matter of time before someone asked this. Maybe it even already was asked in which case all my apologies) :

considering the amazing quality of the 737NGX system and gauges depiction, and considering it will most probably be at least as good for the 777/747 v2, would it be possible to create a version WITHOUT a VC ? A version that could be partially run on a networked PC in order to get the most out of FS in terms of landscape graphics but leave the system/gauges rendering to another PC (a la SimA/PM) ?

I am no software developper so I have no idea how difficult it would be, what it would take, how different it would be from the all-in-one VC version, so this is just a question. What I am sure of, is that there would definitely be customers for this, albeit I am sure PMDG staff has most probably already thought of it and estimated the percentage (not high I guess). But nonetheless : if it was possible in a "simple" (please note the quotation marks) way to get systems and gauges alone (but keep the flight model, integrated fuel/mass system,....), on a networked PC, I'd be ready, and others as well I'm sure, to pay for this other version !

Just a thought

Back to my NGX for now :P

I too am hopeing PMDG will eventually go down the project magenta style route for networked PC's and cockpit builders . For now I'm happy with full virtual aircraft in FS

Rob Prest

What could be useful is for potential customers interested in such a version (which does obviously not preclude the full VC version as some misunderstood) to manifest themselves. Although I bet most of them do not come to these parts often unfortunately.

We're looking into doing this - no guarantees as always, but it is on the list. And we're not going to charge you $500 for it either.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi fellow PMDG lovers,

The usual question (it was just a matter of time before someone asked this. Maybe it even already was asked in which case all my apologies) :

considering the amazing quality of the 737NGX system and gauges depiction, and considering it will most probably be at least as good for the 777/747 v2, would it be possible to create a version WITHOUT a VC ? A version that could be partially run on a networked PC in order to get the most out of FS in terms of landscape graphics but leave the system/gauges rendering to another PC (a la SimA/PM) ?

I am no software developper so I have no idea how difficult it would be, what it would take, how different it would be from the all-in-one VC version, so this is just a question. What I am sure of, is that there would definitely be customers for this, albeit I am sure PMDG staff has most probably already thought of it and estimated the percentage (not high I guess). But nonetheless : if it was possible in a "simple" (please note the quotation marks) way to get systems and gauges alone (but keep the flight model, integrated fuel/mass system,....), on a networked PC, I'd be ready, and others as well I'm sure, to pay for this other version !

Just a thought

Back to my NGX for now :P

Why don't you try Wideview ?

You can run a panel pc with all PMDG 2d panels and one or more outside view pc's.

Works with all aircraft that have 2d panels.

Here an example. Imagine the PMDG 777 like this :

scaled.php?server=81&filename=dsc0403i.jpg&res=landing

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Or like this....

I was more thinking along those lines Just%20Kidding.gif

Anyway

We're looking into doing this - no guarantees as always, but it is on the list. And we're not going to charge you $500 for it either.

That's such fantastic news ! Thanks a lot for at least considering it !! I think so many of us would be interested !

I'll indulge myself in some fake DVD cover later on if nobody minds, although the first one was erased. One that shouldn't bring any trouble :Tounge:

Hi guys,

now that things have moved on, any news on this ?

I'm running the NGX with multiple screens quite happily now (triple head 2go for the outisde view and VC, and other monitors for 2D undocked panels) but this takes its toll on FPS and is not as smooth as it could be.

So I'm still -and I bet we're quite a bunch- very, very (did I mention very ?) interested in a 777 version that could run on a networked PC.

Would be sooo great to have PMDG's fantastic quality along with default aircraft's smoothness.

Cheers guys

Gents-

As I have been saying for about 15 months:  We are moving in that direction but it will not be in v1.0 of the 777.

We have no timeline for it...

When it is done... it is done.  etc...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Off topic... nice signature, Ryan!  :lol: