Sign in to follow this  
FrankFasi

Your Flight "graphics" settings?

I have a Core i7 950, tons of RAM, and a GTX 560 ti, but find I get the best results in Flight by using a max of "High" and not "Maximum" in all of the graphics settings. And the game still looks very good. I'm just wondering if anyone with a similar system runs "maximum" without getting stutters once in a while? I get them if I run "maximum".

Perhaps someone out there has come up with some ideal nVidia Inspector settings for Flight?

I have an I7 920 overclocked to 4ghz, a GTX 560 Ti 2gb graphic card, and 6 gb ddr3 1600 mhz ram.

I " can" run with all setttings as high as they will go, and the only time I will see any stuttering at all, is in the external fly by view over dense terrain.

I did however reduce scenery density from max to high, as I picked up about 8 fps and my aging eyes cannot tell that much difference in the visuals that I see.

But I do still see very minor stuttering, but again only in external fly by view over dense terrain.

I did briefly try the Nvidia Inpector settings I use for FSX, including the frame rate limiter set on 30 fps, and this did introduce more stuttering even from the cockpit view, so I went back to using the setting I had previously within Flight.

But I do still see very minor stuttering, but again only in external fly by view over dense terrain.

That is very common in these conditions. I experience it too.

That is very common in these conditions. I experience it too.

I have been running my current X58 system with the same processor for well over 2 years now, and that is unusual for me. I just love upgrading hardware, I did however recently put the 560 Ti card in.

I will be upgrading later in the year though, hoping to get a system running around 5 ghz or so - either Ivy Bridge, or Sandy Bridge if IB does not pan out as well as expected - maybe then, that little bit of microstuttering that I do see in external fly by view will go away.

I got an i5 2500 in October and planning to upgrade to i7 3770k this Spring/Summer after I learned how to OC. Hope that helps and stops microstudders when flying in Dense Forest Areas. Like I said, autogen causes the most lag out of anything. (excluding multiplayer)

Just to clarify, anyone not running a Windows 7 x64 is not eligible for Max settings in Flight. I don't know why, but it just is. I doesn't matter how well of a computer you run, you cannot run Max unless you have Windows 7 x64.

I have Vista64, i-7 920@3360, 6gb Corsair 1600 Dominator ram and an MSI Talon Hawk460 gtx

I have the same maximum graphic settings as everyone using "7"

Your statement is inaccurate and misleading.

Just to clarify, anyone not running a Windows 7 x64 is not eligible for Max settings in Flight. I don't know why, but it just is. I doesn't matter how well of a computer you run, you cannot run Max unless you have Windows 7 x64.

I have Vista64, i-7 920@3360, 6gb Corsair 1600 Dominator ram and an MSI Talon Hawk460 gtx

Your statement is inaccurate and misleading.

Actually Alex is correct, but he forgot to include Windows Vista, and you are wrong.

If you are using Windows Vista x86 (32 bit) or Windows 7 x86 (32 bit) you don't have the option to use Maximum settings.

You need to set up the /3gb switch.

From a developer

Do you have a 32-bit OS? Maximum is only available on 64-bit OSes, or if you enable the /3GB switch in your 32-bit OS.

Look at my post

I have Vista 64 bit operating system and I do have the maximum graphics options which I am using!

\I dont' need to to enable the3gb switch

My Asus P6T Deluxe can hold up to 24gb of ram and Vista 64 bit sees all of it.

What part don't you understand?

Alex stated clearly that "anyone not using Windows 7x64 is not eligible for Max settings in Flight"

That is incorrect as anyone using Vista64 CAN use max settings in Flight

Where am I wrong? Where is he right?

Apparently it's you who does not understand what I wrote:

Maximum graphics settings are not available in any 32 bit (aka x86) operating Systems, no matter what operating system you have. XP, Vista or Windows 7.

You have Vista64 (aka 64 bit) so you don't need the /3gb switch.

That bold part you wrote is wrong. People using Window 7 32 bit won't have the maximum setting option, unless they enable the /3gb switch.

Apparently it's you who does not understand what I wrote:

Maximum graphics settings are not available in any 32 bit (aka x86) operating Systems, no matter what operating system you have. XP, Vista or Windows 7.

You have Vista64 (aka 64 bit) so you don't need the /3gb switch.

That bold part you wrote is wrong. People using Window 7 32 bit won't have the maximum setting option, unless they enable the /3gb switch.

What?

I never said anything about anybody using a 32 bit system.

Oh, now you see I have Vista64!

I stand by my original and correct post. Windows 7[64] is NOT the only os that can enable max graphic settings in Flight.

Alex's blanket statement saying that, as quoted, is incorrect and misleading as even you NOW acknowledge.

Again I challenge anybody with basic reading skills to see where , "forgetful" Alec was correct in his statement and where I was wrong in mine.

I understand the necessity for having a 64bit os to have max setting, that's a given.

What was not correct is saying if your not running Windows 7x64 your not eligible for max settings.

That is simply not true, Vista64 is "eligible" too

Harold

Back on topic.

I use all available Max graphic settings and never go below 30fps.

My old Talon Attack 460 is factory o/c and is doing pretty good so far in Flight

We will see how it holds up if the new content contains a heavier draw on it's capabilities.

I'm waiting to see if Nvidia release a new mid range type card, sort of like a 660Ti maybe?

I'm waiting to see if Nvidia release a new mid range type card, sort of like a 660Ti maybe?

That might be for the GTX 700 series. Oh yeah, btw I was right and wrong. I was right that you needed a x64 operating system for Max settings. I was wrong that you must have Windows 7. I am not fully misleading and incorrect.

Blofield, I agree with you, Alex wrote a blanket statement, but I understood what he meant.

Perhaps he could have written something like: “anyone not running an x64 operating system is not eligible for Max settings in Flight.”

Perhaps you could have written something like: “I have the same maximum graphic settings as everyone using "7" x64.

(Because If I understood correctly “everyone using "7"” includes both x86 and x64 OS’s)

And perhaps I should have written: Actually Alex is right and wrong, he is referring to x64 operating systems and you forgot to end your “everyone using "7" statement with x64

As you said, Back to topic.

Cheers

Win7 x64

i5 2500k

8gb ddr3 1333

Gigabyte 6850 oc

All settings on max

Vsync enabled

Everything is silky smooth

My settings: Med, High, Low, Med, Med, Low.

My specs:

Core2 Duo @ 2.4GHz

GeForce 7950GT (512MB, DX9)

3GB DDR2

Win XP 32

I have i5 2500k @4.0Ghz, 8gb of DDR3 ram@1600mhz, asus p8z68v motherboard and a gtx570.

My nVidia inspector settings are: limit frames per second 60, maximum pre-rendered frames = 2, Anisotropic filtering = 16x and Antialiasing = 8xMS (multi sampling).

Cheers

Hi Eevun!

I stoled your conf ;D

can I ask why do you pre-rendered frames set to 2? Do you notice any visible difference? I dont' know very whell this settings mean

I'm opened a new topic to track only the specific configuration settings, I don't wont duplicate post, only try to divide configuration and discussions! :)

Please, share your experience!

http://forum.avsim.n...-configuration/

anto

Antonello M.