Sign in to follow this  
Mark_S24

B737NG SFP

Hi!

I've tested the SFP on my PMDG 738WL - once at INN and at SDU.

I saw no difference at the take-off distance! Is that ok - made SFP no changes at the T/O distance??

The only way to reduce my T/O distance is TO-B.

Plese some info about that!

The next quest. is, how to calculate the T/O with SFP!

Ando, is the FMC-Option TO-B a part of SFP or not. On my PMDG NGX is TO-B (27K) always available!

Thanks,

FG, Mark

Actually, in terms of takeoff, I believe the SFP only reduces takeoff distance by 70 metres or so, you may not have noticed.

I know the PMDG FMC doesn't calculate the reduction in VREF associated with the SFP, so it follows it wouldn't in regard to takeoff speeds either. [if SFP is associated with reduced takeoff speeds]

It may be that we should be reducing takeoff speeds with the SFP ourselves, as we do with VREF.

I may be talking rubbish of course.

I tested landing distance and believed it to be shorter with the SFP, I haven't tested takeoff though.

What flap settings did you use? Did you test at flap 15?

I believe 27K is for hot high airports, I may be wrong.

Just for reference:

Looking at my perf manuals, I can see that at KDCA RW19 26k 15C F25, you can take off at 166.9k lbs without SFP but 171.0k lbs with the SFP.

At 160.0k, TO speeds are

Non-SFP 137/138/147

SFP 135/136/144

Matt Cee

Hi,

as Martin has noted me too find very strange that, in spite of SFP should be permit to takeoff and land at lower speed (being bigger flaps area and curve) the ngx fmc give me exactly the same Vspeed of a normal -800 B737) ...can't understand...

Best Regards

Andrea B.

Hi,

as Martin has noted me too find very strange that, in spite of SFP should be permit to takeoff and land at lower speed (being bigger flaps area and curve) the ngx fmc give me exactly the same Vspeed of a normal -800 B737) ...can't understand...

Best Regards

Andrea B.

This has been covered before. I do believe the SFP was a mostly (only?) model/animation difference.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hi!

I used Flaps 25.

I also believe, that landing distance is reduced by pmdg sfp option but the takeoff (distance) is not true simulated. It could be better!

On my tests, the T/O distance was reduced about 100m with the SFP; maybe it's true. On reallife charts I saw, that the TOW is with SFP about 1t higer than without (it was compared with Flaps 5, sea level, 14°C; runway lenght 2000m). I don't know, how it is with Flaps 25 - maybe it's linear to the standard settings (without SFP) ?!

I wish, that PMDG can help us a little more; I also wish some calculation informations or a tool for this or charts with all possible flaps settings, runway conditions, eg. .

FG, Mark