Sign in to follow this  
handygaz

Aerocache hunts!

From MS Flight facebook

Catch up on your Aerocache hunts! From April 18-May 17, we’ll have two Aerocaches of the Day each day in order to ensure that players in all time zones have a convenient time to find and get credit for the Aerocaches that didn’t save before the May 16 title update.

Check out the schedule on our blog.

Happy hunting!

safe_image.php?d=AQCjoBkhvFsJZdBj&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.microsoftflight.com%2FThemes%2Fdefault%2Fimages%2FCommon%2Fcloud.jpg

News : Aerocaches: Twice the Fun from April 18 until May 17news.microsoftflight.com

Catch up on your Aerocache hunts! From April 18-May 17, we’ll have two Aerocaches of the Day each day in order to ensure that players in all time zones have a convenient time to find and get credit for the Aerocaches that didn’t save before the May 16

Great.

I had 81 Aerocaches yesterday and today I have 80.

Have they really fixed the problem?

Let's see how things pan out.

Blackrat

On Flight right now it says "Aerocache of the Day Is Not Available".

Anyone else in that position?

On Flight right now it says "Aerocache of the Day Is Not Available".

Anyone else in that position?

Yes, me.

In my case It's been that way for 2 hours.

So, we now know that we have a lot of time and things to do before ALSAKA get's released... I hope I get my new rig up and running this weekend :-) and then I will have to catch up with you guys because so far I only got a couple of aerocaches and a few challenges :-(

Great Flight Simulation Game FLIGHT is!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

No new aerocache showing today......just all the old ones that I have gained.......all thats showing are aerocaches collected...so at the moment there is no aerocache hunt is available...!!!!!!

Ooooops...Should have read MSFlight news......the old aerocache is available AM and the new one available PM......please ignore my previous incorrect post.

Ooooops...Should have read MSFlight news......the old aerocache is available AM and the new one available PM......please ignore my previous incorrect post.

How the hell is that supposed to work? We do need to work (or go to school) and sleep. I assume I'm not alone in not being available to log in to Flight multiple times daily at any arbitrary time of the day or night. This simply allows me to miss the current aerocaches while getting caught up on the ones they didn't record before, or give up forever on the non-recorded ones to get the current ones.

How the hell is that supposed to work? We do need to work (or go to school) and sleep. I assume I'm not alone in not being available to log in to Flight multiple times daily at any arbitrary time of the day or night. This simply allows me to miss the current aerocaches while getting caught up on the ones they didn't record before, or give up forever on the non-recorded ones to get the current ones.

My guess is this:

If you go down the list 4/18-5/2 are 1st set for the A.M and 5/3-5/17 are the 2nd set for the P.M.

To me it looks like the set from 4/18 through 5/2 will be the exact same as the set from 5/3-5/17.

However if they make the whole "NEW AEROCACHE" for the entire month, then I am completely wrong, just the way it is set up, the "past" aerocaches already repeat themselves. Make sense?

Haha, this is one of the reasons I never care about 'getting everything done' in games as far as rewards and achievements and what not are concerned. The idea of wanting to get ALL aerocaches alone... yikes...! What do you do when you miss one! Oh my... the agony! :wink:

Haha, this is one of the reasons I never care about 'getting everything done' in games as far as rewards and achievements and what not are concerned. The idea of wanting to get ALL aerocaches alone... yikes...! What do you do when you miss one! Oh my... the agony! :wink:

No, I've missed a few because I just didn't have time that day. But the point is that they are trying to make a way to let people "go back" and get the ones that didn't record, but implementing it in such a way that most people can't actually do it! The availability for each one needs to be at least a full 24 hours, just like they were originally, to accommodate various time zones and real-life schedules.

Whoever came up with this plan didn't think it through.

No, I've missed a few because I just didn't have time that day. But the point is that they are trying to make a way to let people "go back" and get the ones that didn't record, but implementing it in such a way that most people can't actually do it! The availability for each one needs to be at least a full 24 hours, just like they were originally, to accommodate various time zones and real-life schedules.

Whoever came up with this plan didn't think it through.

Yes, I know about MS trying to make people get the missing ones, but I was talking about aerocaches in general. When you start out with the idea you are going to get them all, you HAVE to play the game every day and you can't miss it once or you won't get all aerocaches... and then you get all heated up about missing an aerocache. So what I was trying to say is that this kind of gaming would annoy me terribly because it's almost impossible to get it done and so I don't even bother with it. :wink: I wonder how many people actually are indeed trying to get them ALL, just like trying to get gold on all missions!

Here it is, second of the day (one of the old ones). When I selected it and press Start Hunt, I get: "There is no aerocache being tracked.

Mirtma......Same here......I waited til 3pm +1 hour was up and went for the aerocache.... got same message as you......I checked to make sure I was connected and all was OK.....looks like the new aerocache format has not been enabled yet.

Don't worry about that message. Just move down the the block that say "Aerocache Hunt" and click on it. That will bring the board up.

Steve