Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

40 Year Old Photography Of Eastern Terminal At KATL

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Allow me to present mind blowing cool 40 year old photography of Eastern Terminal at KATL showing three parked Eastern Airlines L-1011s getting ready for their flights to Caribbean (one goes to TJSJ, one goes to MYNN, and one goes to MKJS)

dt1b.jpg

Thank you for viewing!!! Stay tuned for next exciting flight report!!!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

AHARON! Looks good!

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

outstanding shot, definatly your best one compared to older threads, I wish someone would release a one click AI retro pack for the entire world :(

Great shot Aharon!

I sure miss the Hockey Sticks!

I wish someone would release a one click AI retro pack for the entire world

You and me both!

Speaking of retro..I'm painting a classic retro for a friend (but on a modern plane).

Posting a pic in a minute.

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Allow me to present mind blowing cool 40 year old photography of Eastern Terminal at KATL showing three parked Eastern Airlines L-1011s getting ready for their flights to Caribbean (one goes to TJSJ, one goes to MYNN, and one goes to MKJS)

dt1b.jpg

Thank you for viewing!!! Stay tuned for next exciting flight report!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Wonderful shot Aharon! :Party: I really miss Eastern at least we can continue to enjoy it and relive some of the memory's in the sim. :smile:

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Beautiful shot!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

ATL is may fav!

Mine too...I fly in and out of there every week. :shok: In fact I just got upgraded to1st class for my 7am Delta 757 flight back to KATL on Saturday. Love flying early in the morning, perfect time to fly!

Of course, I like KDFW as well....both good airports.

Regards,

Steve Dra

I really miss Eastern at least we can continue to enjoy it and relive some of the memory's in the sim.

Hey Cesar,

When I was living in Orlando, I lived on the approach path on the south side of the airport (in Union Park). I used to watch Eastern L-1011's glide over me all the time...and at night I used to impress my friends by telling them "that's an L-1011" and they'd wonder how I knew when it was dark and all you could see were the twin flashing red lights and wing strobes. (Of course it was those twin red lights that gave it away as an L-1011) :Big Grin:

I miss Eastern...a lot!

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Mine too...I fly in and out of there every week. :shok: In fact I just got upgraded to1st class for my 7am Delta 757 flight back to KATL on Saturday. Love flying early in the morning, perfect time to fly!

Of course, I like KDFW as well....both good airports.

Regards,

Steve Dra

Hey Cesar,

When I was living in Orlando, I lived on the approach path on the south side of the airport (in Union Park). I used to watch Eastern L-1011's glide over me all the time...and at night I used to impress my friends by telling them "that's an L-1011" and they'd wonder how I knew when it was dark and all you could see were the twin flashing red lights and wing strobes. (Of course it was those twin red lights that gave it away as an L-1011) :Big Grin:

I miss Eastern...a lot!

Regards,

Steve Dra

Hi Steve wow what a small world! I live close by on Curry Ford below me is runway 18L and 18R man I wish I could see a L1011 again, I tell all my kids and my wife about the planes and what type they are sometimes also and they look at me funny and tell me how can I tell lol but its that love we have for these big machines :smile: I really hope we don't lose american airlines that would be a really big blow but I love eastern great memory's flying with my parents everywhere.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I tell all my kids and my wife about the planes and what type they are sometimes also and they look at me funny

LOL....I get the same response from my family as well...most of the time they don't believe I can tell a plane just be looking at it for a second...or even just hearing it. For example...On the rare occasion a Starship flies over (very rare as there was one that sometimes flew in and out of KPDK by me, but I dont think she flies anymore)....that is one bird that has the most unique sound and you always knew when it was flying over. I think the Piaggo P180 makes a similar sound...probably due to the rear-facing engines.

Anyway, yeah most folks think we're crazy for knowing as much as we do about planes...but no more so than the guy who's a car buff and could tell you the difference between a 67 and 68 Mustang just by glancing at it. Somehow people are more accepting of a guy like that than us crazy aviation affectionatoes :LMAO:

BTW....I went to Colonial High School.

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg