Sign in to follow this  
jbinner

Oh How I Wish....Home Cockpit

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Lol check. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

:Peace: You need to get a divorce from your partner in order to have that

That doesn't work because she will take the budget for one of those with her leaving you with nothing. :Thinking:

Cheers

Matthew Kane

I did the same thing a few years ago and now the sim is in full use as an FTD at shannon airport Ireland.

Real Boeing 737 nose section, Real 737 throttle quadrant, seats, rudder pedals, tiller wheel, control columns.

http://forum.avsim.n...hannon-ireland/

Fred.

Like my wife said. We get divorced, I'am cutting your computer and monitors in half as well as other parts of you with a chain saw. :LMAO:

Jim

CYWG

Ya know, what I always find funny is that these guys (well us simmers), spend tens of thousands of dollars on making their cockpits as real as possible but then fly these masterful beauties in their street clothes. His vid looks so real until I see him in his shirt. It takes me right out of the immersion. Since they are striving for ultimate realism why don't they spend the extra few bucks and by some "captain clothes"? Gawd knows they've earned it!

I guess they think it might look silly? Heck, hes got a 737 in his garage. What's silly, ha!

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Meh... Every time I see something like this I can't help wondering why they didn't spend the money on flying instead.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

If you read the article it states that he originally kept the cockpit in a hangar where he keeps his real plane...

And regardless, if that is how he chooses to spend his money who are we to question it. Personally I find it admirable to be that passionate about something and take it to that level but there are always those that will question "why" or talk about how they would have done it differently... Apparently he is the one with the $$ to do it so i am not one to question or criticize, I applaud it!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I agree 100% with you there Clutch. We should take up a collection for a uniform. The video lost all when I seen his atire. He even looks like he is flying sloppy.

Jim

CYWG

If you read the article it states that he originally kept the cockpit in a hangar where he keeps his real plane...

And regardless, if that is how he chooses to spend his money who are we to question it. Personally I find it admirable to be that passionate about something and take it to that level but there are always those that will question "why" or talk about how they would have done it differently... Apparently he is the one with the $$ to do it so i am not one to question or criticize, I applaud it!

Good for him, but still when someone spends almost twice as much money on building a 737 simulator as it would cost to become a real 737 pilot he's forever off the list of people I'd like to go on holiday with. As for the questioning bit; whey you go public with anything you invite everyone to applaud, question or criticize to their heart's content. If you only want positive comments on something, keep it to yourself.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Good for him, but still when someone spends almost twice as much money on building a 737 simulator as it would cost to become a real 737 pilot he's forever off the list of people I'd like to go on holiday with. As for the questioning bit; whey you go public with anything you invite everyone to applaud, question or criticize to their heart's content. If you only want positive comments on something, keep it to yourself.

Oh no, I am sure he is devastated... Wait, he should have done what YOU wanted with HIS money rather than follow HIS dream with HIS money if he wants your respect and to go to dinner with you... I got it now, if it isn't what you wan't then you don't respect it???

And how about this for a change, if you don't have anything positive to say don't say anything at all... I didn't go public with it, I just question why people can't keep quiet if all they have is a negative comment that offers nothing positive to the conversation...

I "used" to have a friend like that, everything positive he found the negative and commented on it. I don't think he has many friends left, go figure... Most seem to think what he has done is great, do you want to be the guy in the corner mumbling how you don't agree with him under your breath or just say something like:

More power to him, not what I would have chosen to do with my money but I respect him for putting 20 years of dedication into something...

I really do wonder why when I was a child it was embedded within me that if you don't have something positive to say keep your mouth shut, since the internet it is one big case of verbal diarrhea where everyone HAS to say WHATEVER is on their mind even if there is NO positive contribution.

What ever happened to that first rule we learned as children?

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

The cockpits are amazing regardless of whatever time or money they took to build!

Fred, when you set out on the project, did you plan for it to end up in use as an FTD one day or did that opportunity come about later? Was it hard to part company with the simulator?

What ever happened to that first rule we learned as children?

It's because most people will follow the rule when in person. For some, internet forums magically break down this barrier.

It happened among a group of people I know going back to '95. We played a game competitively that was only available at locations with Virtualworld Tesla cockpits. There were some egos in the group, but everyone contributed to improving the level of competition through polite and respectful discussion.

Over time the group migrated to internet league play using MW4. As there was no need to be in each other's presence, some of the discussions degraded into personal attacks on the team forums and even over Teamspeak. It was a surprise because everyone had known each other for many years.

The cockpits are amazing regardless of whatever time or money they took to build!

Fred, when you set out on the project, did you plan for it to end up in use as an FTD one day or did that opportunity come about later? Was it hard to part company with the simulator?

Yes, it was intended to be a training device from the start. I was able to keep it in a warehouse which belongs to a local aviation training company and as time went by they were looking at it with great interest. For me it was the challenge of doing it that drove me on more than the "wanting a real Boeing flight deck in my bedroom " ha ha. I missed it at first but am glad it is in very capable hands, I certainly did not do it for the money. In the end, I just about broke even.

Fred.