Sign in to follow this  
RedStar101

Autoland Issues

I wonder if any of you who use the PMDG 737 NGX have had this issue. I have the UK2000 Scenery for East Midlands installed and I have been using the PMDG 737NGX coupled with FS2Crew and I have Activesky 2012 installed aswell. During last nights flight from Malaga to East Midlands I was flying at FL380 and I was flying against and very strong headwind, over 90 knots, I suffered a sudden Buffet alert and my speed dropped to almost stall speed, to get my speed back up I had to descend to FL320 where I continued onwards. On approach to East Midlands I turned to establish the localiser for RWY 27. I established the Localiser but about 10 seconds later my first officer said 'ILS Deviation', However it continued down the ILS and teh glidepath until about 400ft where the Autopilot suddenly disengaged and I tried to land it manually and failed to landed the plane gently. I have no idea why the Autoland failed, I had teh ILS frequency of 109.35 in both NAV 1 & NAV 2 dials and active, I had 271 in both Captains and First Officer's course dials.

I've flown to EGNX 4 times, the first time I flew before I got the UK2000 scenery and three times after. The first flight which was online(Non-UK2000) I landed perfectly, the 2nd Flight which was also online I had another Autoland issue similiar to the latest landing, the second was an offline test flight from Gatwick to East Midlands where I had a good landing, and this third flight was online and suffered a autoland issue. All these landings were using the PIGOT1J Star Approach.

I also had a similar issue with the First officer saying 'ILS deviation' while attempting to land in Napoli which I was using default scenery