Sign in to follow this  
Valar

Sound issues anyone?

After a while playing P3D, the ATC voice disappeared from the game. I really can't say what caused it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, and this is just an observation, not something I can reproduce with certainty, it seems the program become unstable if I switch sound drivers away from default to to my headset... I played with the headset last night and it crashed to desktop three times out of three. Very unusual for P3D. The only thing I can think of was the sound drivers.

Hi,

I've never experienced any problems with sound (ver. 1.2 & 1.3) while using P3D, its more than likely a local problem on your end.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I have found that if I'm going to use the headset and before I start P3D, I plug in the headset and in my taskbar I open the sound mixer and make sure my headset/driver are being used as default. When I'm in P3D, I go to the sound settings and make sure my headset/name etc. is checked. Works fine. I've had a little trouble like yours before I started doing these few steps.

Good luck and have a blessed day.

cthiggin

No, I have the same issues; I can't save my USB headset for ATC use.  P3D 'sees' the headset, but when I select it in the drop-down, it never saves, and I can't hear ATC in the headset.  I don't see changing the USB headset to default a good option; the sound menu in FSX worked just fine and didn't have these issues.