Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

FSX sky night colors not smooth!

please see my system specification in my sig.

FSX colors are not smooth at night, sky, runway and so on, they are displayed like steps (UGLY), instead of smooth colors.

see attached for example (taken from MD11 cockpit looking into the sky at early dawn) I hope it's clear (I think you need to zoom in) very annoying in my 5760X1080 display:

fsxcoloreproblem.png

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

FSX colors are not smooth at night, sky, runway and so on, they are displayed like steps (UGLY), instead of smooth colors.

see attached for example (taken from MD11 cockpit looking into the sky at early dawn) I hope it's clear (I think you need to zoom in) very annoying in my 5760X1080 display:

fsxcoloreproblem.png

Usually something like this where there isn't smoothing between layers is a problem with anti-aliasing or anistrophic filtering, check your settings. I see you have a nvidia based card so you can use nvidia inspector to adjust settings, try that and see where you can get, in the main area of the general for there is a nvidia inspector setting guide pinned at the top jsyk :)

Usually something like this where there isn't smoothing between layers is a problem with anti-aliasing or anistrophic filtering, check your settings. I see you have a nvidia based card so you can use nvidia inspector to adjust settings, try that and see where you can get, in the main area of the general for there is a nvidia inspector setting guide pinned at the top jsyk :)

Thanks for your input.

that's exactly what I'm using and still having same problem, I tried some other settings from other sites with no luck, I thought it might be related to multi monitors and switched back to one monitor with no luck either, I will keep trying and exploring.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks for your input.

that's exactly what I'm using and still having same problem, I tried some other settings from other sites with no luck, I thought it might be related to multi monitors and switched back to one monitor with no luck either, I will keep trying and exploring.

I get this also Ali,

I think its a FS problem, or the ******* Shader mod 3.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hard to see in daylight, but if it is banding you see, that is, I believe, a monitor colour space issue...

A

fsxcoloreproblem.png

I agree with Jakestud360 , becouse I had the same problem in FSX, and in FS9 too.

So, I think that can't be FS problem or the ******* Shader mod 3, becouse I don't have Shader mod 3 in FS9.

Also, I don't think that is a monitor colour space issue becouse I had this problem on my old monitor, and after that on brand new philips 22I EL.

I don't have this problem any more, and the only things I changed in the meantime are my settings in nvidia inspector, so - must be AA setings or filtering related

I use this settings by Ryan right know, and everything is fine: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Please let as know if you find out what caused the problem, I am curios about that

I agree with Jakestud360 , becouse I had the same problem in FSX, and in FS9 too.

So, I think that can't be FS problem or the ******* Shader mod 3, becouse I don't have Shader mod 3 in FS9.

Also, I don't think that is a monitor colour space issue becouse I had this problem on my old monitor, and after that on brand new philips 22I EL.

I don't have this problem any more, and the only things I changed in the meantime are my settings in nvidia inspector, so - must be AA setings or filtering related

I use this settings by Ryan right know, and everything is fine: http://forum.avsim.n...f-all-settings/

Please let as know if you find out what caused the problem, I am curios about that

Thanks everybody for your valuable inputs.

Spent about 4 hours today trying different combinations in nVIDIA inspector with no luck, the best I can come up with is the layers will get reduced in number when I activated Gamma/Line correction but still looks UGLY.

I returned everything back to normal as in Ryan’s setup 8xSQ, at least to enjoy day time flying.

Ali A.

Make sure you're running at 32-bit color - look in your graphics settings, if it says 1920x1080x16 or anything else with x16 at the end, switch it to the one that's the same resolution but with x32 at the end.

Also guys - "shaders" as in the ******* mod really have nothing to do with shades of colors like this - shaders are 3D graphics specific programs that run on and actually tell the GPU what effects and other operations to perform on 3D elements in the frame. The sky in FSX is just a normal bitmap that gets displayed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLSL

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I had this, you can try adjusting the gamma slider in the nvidia control panel, not nvidia inspector. It worked for me.

Hope this helps

Glen

Thanks Ryan for your input, I'm always using x32 bit color settings.

Thanks Glen, tried that with no luck.

I also have same problem on FSX start splash screen:

fsxcolorproblem.png

Ali A.

Ali,

That's just how the image is - it's dithered like that. I do see some banding in the sky in FSX myself too - I think it's normal.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes, completely normal, even with high anisotropic filtering.

Henk de Vries

Like Glen said, I think the only way to avoid it is thru monitor or GPU adjustments. I've seen the same thing as well and since I have everything set at 32bit I just chalk it up to my monitor not being accurately calibrated, but if I play with some of the settings I can minimize the banding a bit.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OK guys, Thanks to all of you for your valuable inputs.

I will keep trying different settings and I will let you know if I find something useful.

Thanks to all of you again.

Ali A.

OK guys, Thanks to all of you for your valuable inputs.

I will keep trying different settings and I will let you know if I find something useful.

Thanks to all of you again.

Ali I think you missed some posts, I don't think its anything to do with your hardware or settings, thats how it is for most people.

You see this kind of thing with movies and other games, shadows are stepped, not smooth etc

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK