Sign in to follow this  
BreezyPointDeparture

Rain on Windshield

Depends on whether there are any animations left... Too soon to tell I guess.

Juuuuuussttt wait...(for PMDG to announce something) Or, use common sence.If it wasnt availible with the NGX, and its well known that most of the coding will be used from the NGX, then why would it be availible on the T7?....as nice as it would be :wink:

i don't like any big FPS killer honestly... i don't have a great computer and i struggle with FPS so everything wich takes many FPS like AI traffic, AS clouds graphics etc... i allways have off

If it's an FPS killer then if it rains I'll have to turn it off because I only get 30-40FPS with the NGX, wouldn't like to go below 20 ha.

fps loss due to the effect being on top of all the other effects(NGX), or the effect itself?..

As when im flying RealAirs turbine duke in the rain, that has VC rain effects, i dont really notice any diffrence..but i havnt pulled the fps counter up and measured any fps loss as i havnt felt the need to, because performance hasnt become an issue.

:unknw:

The same with JustFlights DC-3, it has rain effect, and the wiper even clears an area to be able to see, again with no noticable performance loss

Just because it isn't noticeable to you, doesn't mean it won't be noticeable on someone else's computer.

Also, it simply wasn't possible to add the Rain Effect in the NGX VC, the 777 will probably face the same issues.

They have already said they won't don't it. Probably the only feature I asked about. I wish they would at least give an option for users with fast systems but they are not gonna budge on it.

Personally I don't care if the aircraft has fancy animations on the outside, I would rather they uses it all on vc features. Don't see the point in working wipers when they don't wipe anything.

I still enjoy landing some fs9 aircraft in near CATIII conditions and heavy rain with the wipers working overtime

At the end of the day it's not PMDG's fault, just the crappy limitations on an otherwise good simulator

• Like 1

Rob Prest

I might be mistaken here, but if I remember correctly, the animations on the inside and the animations on the outside are two different things.(or at least, the inside and outside model.)

You may be right, which makes me think if they can get a hud in the NGX why can't they get rain drops on the windshield.

It's really not a big deal on the grand scheme of things but something that has always confused me regarding FSX

Rob Prest

Because they used up all the animations (for the inside model, which is what you see when you're in the cockpit.)

What I'm saying is, the NGX has an option for HUD/no HUD correct? So if the HUD takes up animations, if not used why can't they use those for other features?

Genuine question, not trying to start an argument mate ;) just confuses me. I completely accept the fact they won't add rain drops on the windshield, just trying to gain some knowledge.

Regards

Rob Prest

Probably because, even though you're not using it, it still has to be loaded in memory. I think that's how they can get it to appear and disappear through the CDU.

Just because it isn't noticeable to you, doesn't mean it won't be noticeable on someone else's computer.

AMD 5600 duelcore..3 gig ram,nothing fancy.