Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

GPWS

Is it me or has the audible "500" GPWS gotten really wierd sounding since the SP...

I have the Flight One Mustang....Is it possible to substitute that GPWS audible wav. for the one in the C90??? If so where and how... I would be glad to share of course...

You can easily change this... I too used my Mustang's "500" callout.

Just go in to your FSX\Sound\SoundCar folder and look for the file, "FivehundredAlert.wav" and replace it with a callout of your choosing.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I would like to know what it really sounds like in a Kng Air. I thought the last one sounded like some sort of growling animal. LOL. Having not heard it in real life, no lue what it SHOULD sound like.

Eddie
KABQ

Would love to know what the real thing sounds like. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one accurate voice over the years. Maybe what we have is how it sounds in the plane that Carenado modeled? Sound like the speaker is blown.

I have the Flight Video Productions video of a King Air 350 (recommended) and the voice for the "500" is female. Not the same voice as the F1 Mustang though.

Here is another video of a 90GT with EGPWS that has the male "caution terrain caution terrain terrain terrain pull up" at about 1:05 into the video. The GPWS was apparently upgraded in the newer model.

Skyscraper

I sub'd in the Flight 1 Mustang wav in... sounds much better...Thanks for the help...