Sign in to follow this  
Flight Sim Geek

HU: Canadian Mesh in Development!

Hi all, I thought I would let you know that AWG Simulations is developing Canadian Mesh for FSX, I just received their newsletter which gives all the info about it. So far it looks good! I do hope they use it for something bigger for Canadian scenery rather than mesh. It will be interesting to see how it compares to FSGlobal.

Website: http://awg-sim.businesscatalyst.com/canadian-mesh-2012.html

Aaron G.

FSGenesis already has 23m mesh for the entire of Canada.

In my personal opinion, FSG is by far the best option for mesh is Flight Simulator and has been for over 10 years.

FSGenesis already has 23m mesh for the entire of Canada.

In my personal opinion, FSG is by far the best option for mesh is Flight Simulator and has been for over 10 years.

Yeah, I am looking forward to the 8m mesh areas although!

Aaron G.

Well, I'm confused! You received the AWG newsletter, says your first post. Then when looking at the AWG forums I see listed as the Admin and Developer "Flight Sim Geek". Did you send yourself the newsletter? Or is that a different Flight Sim Geek?

http://awgsim.forumotion.co.uk/t9-atiu-x

You are aware of the Avsim ToU, which prohibit Commercial Members from using the forums for advertising purposes?

Might you think that any potential customer might find a "Third-party" posting reflective of the developer and their products?

Well, I'm confused! You received the AWG newsletter, says your first post. Then when looking at the AWG forums I see listed as the Admin and Developer "Flight Sim Geek". Did you send yourself the newsletter? Or is that a different Flight Sim Geek?

http://awgsim.forumo...co.uk/t9-atiu-x

You are aware of the Avsim ToU, which prohibit Commercial Members from using the forums for advertising purposes?

Might you think that any potential customer might find a "Third-party" posting reflective of the developer and their products?

Sorry, I am a different 'Flight Sim Geek', I actually found this username on another forum. No connection between the company and I apart from the newsletter! I am aware of the AVSIM ToU.

Aaron G.

Wow, imagine the coincidence?

Maybe you would share what your middle initial is, so that we see just what a strange quirk of luck the other "Flight Sim Geek" had when he named the design studio?

http://awgsim.forumo...co.uk/t9-atiu-x

Sorry, I am a different 'Flight Sim Geek', I actually found this username on another forum. No connection between the company and I apart from the newsletter! I am aware of the AVSIM ToU.

Aaron G.

Yup, that is suspicious.

But I haven't been able to find any concrete evidence.

meshman,

on the link you've given I can only see a member called:

AWG Simulations Admin and Developer

Am I missing something or

Has the name been changed? (if so then that's ample evidence of something not being right here)

I've also searched their forum and can't find any member called 'Flight Sim Geek' over there.

meshman,

on the link you've given I can only see a member called:

AWG Simulations Admin and Developer

Am I missing something or

Has the name been changed? (if so then that's ample evidence of something not being right here)

I've also searched their forum and can't find any member called 'Flight Sim Geek' over there.

To be honest Momtchil, I never thought of getting a screen capture, but it would have backed up that this morning the handle for the poster in that thread was listed as Flight Sim Geek. Otherwise, how would I have known to make the comparison?

It's appears to be a little case of CYA, which is too bad given Aaron's past involvement at Avsim. I'll leave the rest to the Admins to figure out.

Aaron, care to mention what the W stands for? :Thinking: