Sign in to follow this  
AdiR

Fuel shroud & water drain mast

What are these parts of NG for? It's difficult to translate their names into my language, but I would like to get know what these parts are and what they do ;)

drain_mast.jpg

All best!

Adrian

Fuel shroud? No clue.

Water drain mast? Probably a drain to dump water from the sinks overboard. (Lavatory toilet water goes into a storage tank and is drained by the ground people. I feel sorry for that person...).

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The fuel supply from tanks to APU is inside the pressure hull so it is encased in an outer pipeline called the shroud. The shrould drain mast is letting you know if the APU main fuel pipeline is leaking but protected from getting into the pressure hull. Hence very important walkround pre-flight item.

Regards.

Dave Baggs.

EGLL.

The fuel shroud drain mast is for draining any fuel that is leaking from the fuel supply line to the APU.

The fuel pipeline to the APU is hard to get at and check for leaks, so as a safety measure, it is shrouded by another pipe (i.e. the APU fuel pipeline is encased inside a second pipe as a safety precaution) which will collect fuel if the main fuel line has a leak. To check it, there is a push up button in the landing gear bay which will open the drain, and if you see fuel leaking out of the drain mast when that button is pushed, then you would know that there was a leak in the fuel line to the APU. The rear drain mast also serves as the vent for the hydraulic fluid reservoir.

If you want to collect the insurance on your 737, press the button in the landing gear bay whilst holding a cigarette lighter up to the drain mast :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wow, very quick and helpful info! ;)))))))))))) Thank you!

All best guys!

Adrian

If you want to collect the insurance on your 737, press the button in the landing gear bay whilst holding a cigarette lighter up to the drain mast :LMAO:

Nice way to get the public to think that your 737 is a rocket on takeoff...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg