Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Do you want the 777-200/ER?

Do you want the 777-200/ER  

2,064 members have voted

1. 1. Build the 777-200/ER?

-200ER is history, why would anyone want -200ER when LR is much better in every aspect? Better range, better MTOW and MLW, better take off distance, more fuel.

Hope that PMDG decide not to go with 200ER and redirect money and time into something better.

You're becoming quiet close to being my first entry into the ignore list ;).

The LR is the better aircraft NOW. But the ER has hundreds and hundreds of more in operation.

Thats how it will remain I am pretty sure. The 300 will evenutally take over I think, but for operating BA, United, Emirates, Austrian, Air Canda, Air France, etc etc etc etc, the 200ER is the way to go!

Alex

• Upvote 2

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Voted no because the 200LR and 300ER are exactly the the aircraft I would like.

I'll take any of them but a nice ER would be great. Now I can fly KSFO-PHNL or KORD-PHNL.

No offense, but how can you say NO to a popular 777 model?!

• Upvote 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Simply - NO. You see?

-200ER is history, look to the future and get use to 200LR. If you want -200ER you can try PSS or POSKY. -200ER is so limited, there are even no racked wingtips. -200ER can fly just 7700nm, way too low range.

-200 can fly just 7700nm, way too low range.

That's still pretty far unless you love to do those 20 hour long hauls.

• Upvote 1

I remember Robert mentioning during his briefing at the conference in Germany that this plane was special to him dating back to his days at UA. I'm sure they will model it. There will be 3 different engine types to deal with and a different model and flight deck, so it could take a little while after the LR and -300ER are out. The -200ER is still very popular and will be around for a while. No airline has opted for the extra fuel tanks on the LR, but as DL has demonstrated, the like the LR because it had a higher MTOW and the -200ER. Even if it's more expensive, some airlines might eventually replace their -200ERs with the LR.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Simply - NO. You see?

-200ER is history, look to the future and get use to 200LR. If you want -200ER you can try PSS or POSKY. -200ER is so limited, there are even no racked wingtips. -200ER can fly just 7700nm, way too low range.

WOW, ONLY 7700nm! :Hypnotized:

Seriously, Thats huge. I cant think of any flight I want to simulate that is longer than that. As some examples.

Dubai to Melbourne is 6400nm, This is a Loooong flight, as anyone who has flown it can confirm.

Dubai to San Francisco is 7625nm, So right on the edge of the ERs envelope. This is a Very Long flight!

Singapore to London is 5923nm,

Hong Kong to New York is 7431nm

Melboure to Los Angles is 6902nm.

This is just an example of some Very long flights that are doable in the ERs 7700nm.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is obvious the community demands these models, (9 in 10 PMDG users want the 200A/ER modeled) as they are the ones they see and fly on when they travel. It is very rare to see a LR.

In my personal opinion they should do the 300A as well. This is my favorite variant, I don't know why, but it always has been. Even more so after I enjoyed a very comfortable 6 hours on one a few weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

Yea, that can be long enough for some guys. The point is -200LR is base pack, you have to buy it anyway. As you get the best version with basepack, there is no reason to buy expansion that is in every aspect limited compared with basepack. You already have 9500nm range , why would you want to limit your range to 7700nm?

As I said in my post above, maybe not very clearly.

People want to fly in the sim the aircraft they see when they are at the airport, or the aircraft they have flown on.

Im am sure very few of us here have actually flown on the 200LR, It is very rare in real life. The ER or A models im sure most of us posting in this thread have flown on as a passenger. The LR and F are the only T7 models I haven't flown on

Also, as im sure your aware, PMDG users like to be very realistic in their operation of there aircraft, so operating the 200LR for an airline on a route operated by the classic models wont sit well for some users. Obviously there are those who will be happy with just the base pack. but many more will want the expansions.

Slightly veering off topic now, and going into a little speculation. I know and understand the reasons for the 200LR been the base pack and I think this choice will work in PMDG's favor profit wise as the least popular model is the base so people feel they need to buy the expansions of the more popular models. I can see there been 2 or 3 expansions to the 777. The 200LR base pack, which may or may not include the LRF, The 300ER package, and a classics package which includes the 200A/ER 300A. The F could be included in any of those packs or be a standalone package.

• Upvote 1

I'm one of those picky ones who likes to reproduce real-world ops as closely as possible, so an AA 777-100LR for example, would not work for me. I don't mind buying the -200ER as a 3rd expansion after the -300ER.

The longest route I flew on a -200ER was KDFW-RKSI on Korean Air back in 2004. The plane as an incredible range. And like I said earlier, no airline has opted for the extra tanks that give the LR the ultra long range since cargo is more profitable for them.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Yea, that can be long enough for some guys. The point is -200LR is base pack, you have to buy it anyway. As you get the best version with basepack, there is no reason to buy expansion that is in every aspect limited compared with basepack. You already have 9500nm range , why would you want to limit your range to 7700nm?

It isn't all about range......

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Of all the 777's in the family, the 300ER is, in my opinion, the most iconic version today. It's got the size which of course attributes to it's good looks, the range, and the famous GE90-115B's. In fact I'm really glad to see it will make the first expansion in this product line.

Erik L.

Im not really interested is any -200 except maybe the LR. I think the -300ER is going to be replacing those old -200s over the next few years , as the technologhy is starting to show its age. Whenever i see a carrier like American Airlines using there -200s , I Just fell they are archaic compared to the much newer Emirates or Air New zealand -300ER.

Robin.