Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Do you want the 777-200/ER?

Do you want the 777-200/ER  

2,064 members have voted

1. 1. Build the 777-200/ER?

I agree with Dave. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say if there is uncertainty on whether the 200ER will be developed, I may even pass (GASP!) on the 777 series. I really primarily desire the 200ER. I know it's getting old and all, but I can guarantee you that the way our USA operators "fly their aircraft 'till the wings fall off'," the -200ER will be flying for a very long time. And since there really isn't a direct replacement for the 200ER on the horizon (LR doesn't count...little interest from operators), I'm sure Delta, UA, and AA will be flying them until at least 2020 or later. I count the -200ER as just about as iconic in the US as the 767 was/is.

Without question the -200ER and -300ER models should be developed. There are far more of these models in service than there are -200LRs.

I'll even go a step further. If PMDG decides not to develop these, then I will definitely have second thoughts about purchasing their 777. This would really be a shame.

Dave

This poll has no value.....the B777-200 standard and ER should have gone first out of the box.

Then 200LR and 300ER should be expansion.

But then again, it is. Business strategy, like Apple IPAD, they could have thrown everything on the first generation, but people keep buying every time a new generation is released.

Just my two cents.....

And yes...I love to see th 200ER.

Kin M.

(klax)

The people have spoken unanimously. 77L has a small fraction of operation(s) compared to the -200ER model. Only Emirates, Qatar, ACA, Delta, Air India, and PIA operate that model. Don;t know if the 200LR model gets the same type rating as the -200ER series but like everyone said before, the 200ER will get used a lot esp. on VATSIM or virtual airline flying such as Virtual BA. If that has not convinced PMDG in the future then...

Yea I was a bit surprised when the chose the LR since I thought the 200ER was much more popular in the RW, I guess its because they had easier access to the LR. I'll simply file as a 200ER for my AA legs.

200LR/300ER... tomorrow... that's all I want :Waiting:

B)

YES! The 200ER is the most common variant for US carriers, and to be honest, that's about all the flying I do.

Plain and simple, if there is no -200/ER, I will be very disappointed.

What!!! It's all about the raked wing tips, 200lr and 300er. Nuff said

I did not put it, just quoted that from some other guy. Read whole thread.

As I already said I do not want -200ER because it will slow down next PMDG project. "Pooping on my wishes" is in other thread.

Obviously you missed the point. but who really cares, life goes on.

And that makes me exactly the same as all other members of community.

So wait you don't want PMDG to develop another version so you can get the next airplane as fast?

Rob said they would make them if there is enough community interest, why not get the poll running? Do you want them to develop the B772 in the future or not?

Discuss!

Since my local FBO...ummm I mean International Airport.....has quite a few 200ERs, yes, I want it. I am really hanging out for the 300ER with the GE90-115Bs, but the 777-300 and 200 with the Trent 800s would be a winner!

PMDG have made a really good decision in releasing the 200LR first. I have flown every variant of the 777, including the freighter, and the 777-200LR is by far the most fun to fly, and also I would expect that PMDG would be able to offer the freighter also, because it is basically a 200LR.

The 200LR/F is effectively a 200/200ER with a 300ER wing, and 45% more thrust, so much so that Boeing had to increase the VREF floor because it is so overpowered. I once flew from sea level to 43000' in only 12 minutes, that is a serious machine!!!

I am really looking forward to the release of this product, particularly how they manage to model the fly-by-wire controls.

I think I may have to invest in the captainsim 777 also because we probably wont see a 772ER till 2015 if the projects and packs keep coming out the rate they are. :unsure:

I think I may have to invest in the captainsim 777 also because we probably wont see a 772ER till 2015 if the projects and packs keep coming out the rate they are. :unsure:

I'm not sure how you plan on flying both. They'll be completely different experiences and just for that it probably isn't worth paying for both. The 200LR only has raked wingtips and larger engines - besides that I see no reason for people not to fly it with 200ER airlines for the time being.

I think this project is a good indication that they really are changing the way they do things from a development point of view. I'm not sure exactly how long the 777 has been in development - but the fact it's pretty much ready tells me we are over the 3-4 year developments. Trust me - hold out at least until you see PMDG's fully in your own sim before spending money on pretty much the same aircraft. I think this 777 is going to be a game changer; I'm talking a step or two up from the NGX.. PMDG will only get bigger and better now!

However if you'd like to do what you say go ahead - just giving some friendly advice(-:

I'm not sure how you plan on flying both. They'll be completely different experiences and just for that it probably isn't worth paying for both. The 200LR only has raked wingtips and larger engines - besides that I see no reason for people not to fly it with 200ER airlines for the time being.

I think this project is a good indication that they really are changing the way they do things from a development point of view. I'm not sure exactly how long the 777 has been in development - but the fact it's pretty much ready tells me we are over the 3-4 year developments. Trust me - hold out at least until you see PMDG's fully in your own sim before spending money on pretty much the same aircraft. I think this 777 is going to be a game changer; I'm talking a step or two up from the NGX.. PMDG will only get bigger and better now!

However if you'd like to do what you say go ahead - just giving some friendly advice(-:

Beleive me I understand what your saying I get bored flying my CS 757 vs. my NGX but I am ready to fly a good quality T7 and CS made my favorite version first. I fly us airlines only always select the model of the filed aircraft and listen real time ATC and realworld pusback time I am very miticulous on my flying I guess. To me flying a united 777LR is like flying a Alaska Airlines 738 when a 734 is filed. LOL :lol:

But I will definately hold out till the LR is out and must buy it anyways because it will be the main pack, I guess Fly Tampa Dubai is in my future to even though I never though I would touch that little wealthy part of the world. I guess its time to pay the credit card down now even more for intl. cities. :rolleyes:

To me flying a united 777LR is like flying a Alaska Airlines 738 when a 734 is filed. LOL :lol:

Trust me - I'm the same! It's going to kill me flying the 77L with BA.. but with the differences it won't hurt as much flying the B738 on Heathrow - European routes that are done with Airbuses & 76's :LMAO:

I'd expect the 777 expansions to be released on a similar timeframe to the 737 expansions. The 777 base pack takes a long time, then the expansions take far less time because it's just some weight/balance/thrust/autopilot/fms coding and a new model/texture that needs to change. The majority of the cockpit and it's systems would be already completed from the basepack, and indeed, the expansions would be far smaller files because they would literally share large portions of files and coding from the basepack.

I'd put the 777 a few months away from now, and the -300ER or -200F within 4 months of that. Not sure about -200ER timing because that might need more changes. Also... a -300ER with the Ground Manouvering Camera system (Taxi cameras) would be nice, brilliant, aweseome, and I'd certainly fork out a full new aircraft price for that.

Lets look at marketing and development to ask why the 777-200LR is being developed first:

1: Same basic aircraft as the 777-200F (Really easy expansion pack for that)

2: Simlar aircraft and systems/engine etc as the 777-300ER.

3: I think the 777-200LR would be more popular than the 777-200F

4: The commonality between the -200LR, -200F and -300ER makes it more time effective to develop these first.

5: The -200LR and -200F have more in common with each other than the -300ER.

6: If you put the -300ER out as the base model, the development of -200LR -200F and -200ER would be longer,

7: A base pack -300ER would be best with a GMCS which may delay development time of base pack further

now comes the cynical part, which I agree is also a factor.

8: the -200LR is less common and possibly less popular than the -300ER or -200ER and if the -200LR was an extension, less people might buy it than say a -300ER extension. (Especially if the -300ER has GMCS and the -200LR doesn't).

9: Therefore you get a Basepack -200LR which has to be purchased for the more common -300ER and -200ER to work, easier development evolution, more sales of expansion packs = win/win.

But then the 200LR has only 58 so by the numbers it shows you which type has been ordered the most.

That's because the LR was built for airlines who do ULH's. Not many airlines do it so that's why there's not too many. There's no point in buying them if your airline flies ten hours maximum; the 300ER would be a better choice since it can carry more pax.

I will want both the 777-200ER and the 777-300ER, but especially the 300! Yes!

Stephen Wilcox

aka Spirit Flyer

That's because the LR was built for airlines who do ULH's. Not many airlines do it so that's why there's not too many. There's no point in buying them if your airline flies ten hours maximum; the 300ER would be a better choice since it can carry more pax.

I know you are coming from a real world airline side, but the FS market side:

It makes sense for PMDG to make us buy it (200LR) since they need to recover their costs. No one has developed YSSY for FSX yet and ORBx says it won't make enough money for them. I believe it. More purchases. Rather than charging us $200 for the 300-ER they can sell the 200LR for $70 and then the upgrade for $50 or $60 because the amount of sales will bring the price down.