Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Do you want the 777-200/ER?

Do you want the 777-200/ER  

2,064 members have voted

1. 1. Build the 777-200/ER?

When there's news to share, PMDG will share it in a stickied post at the top of the PMDG General subforum.

Hopefully the -200ER and all engine variants are still planned, as well as the ER variants of the 737. 

Oh wow this thread lives on  :P

Oh wow this thread lives on

Hope for the -200ERs springs eternal!  Haven't heard from you for awhile -- hope you are doing well!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Yes, please make the 200ER. In real life there are the 200ER/200LR and 300ER, so it will make common sense for PMDG to also have all three variants.

Hope for the -200ERs springs eternal!  Haven't heard from you for awhile -- hope you are doing well!

Mike

Likewise it'd be nice!! Not bad thank you Mike! Started my Instrument Rating here in SoCal so bit busy lately but all good fun. Hope all is well with yourself too! Still going strong flying the 777  :P

Is this being left behind? Such a shame if it is...

Announcing news about other aircraft shouldn't be cause to fret about other offerings.

See point 2:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/page-4#entry3271075

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Captains-

Yes we still plan to make a 777-200ER and no I have no date/time/planning information on it, nor do I plan to have any until after these products [747-400/F/ER/M/BCF and the 747-8/F] are released. 

:Peace:

Milton Pais

I was just about to make a thread asking about the -200ER. It's good to know that it's still planned. However, I'm a bit perplexed as to why it'll be available several years after the release of the original T7. It seems to me that turning the -200LR into an ER would be a *relatively* small task compared to making the 747V2 or even the -300, and thus it should have been out before those. Oh well, better late than never. 

It seems to me that turning the -200LR into an ER would be a *relatively* small task compared to making the 747V2 or even the -300, and thus it should have been out before those. Oh well, better late than never. 

Keep in mind that the 200LR/F only has one engine type. With the 200ER, there are three different engine types to model, which also includes minor differences in systems logic. If you want an example, search through the FCOMs for references to specific engines (search for the two letter IDs: PW, RR, GE). That might not seem significant, but getting the data to play nicely with the sim, and then making the tweaks to the systems is much more involved than you'd think.

So, sure, from a visual model standpoint, a lot of it is similar. A bunch of the logic carries over, too, but I wouldn't necessarily call it "relatively small."

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Keep in mind that the 200LR/F only has one engine type. With the 200ER, there are three different engine types to model, which also includes minor differences in systems logic. If you want an example, search through the FCOMs for references to specific engines (search for the two letter IDs: PW, RR, GE). That might not seem significant, but getting the data to play nicely with the sim, and then making the tweaks to the systems is much more involved than you'd think.

So, sure, from a visual model standpoint, a lot of it is similar. A bunch of the logic carries over, too, but I wouldn't necessarily call it "relatively small."

Ah, ok, thanks. And I didn't mean in my post that I thought you guys didn't have a good reason- I guess I didn't know how involved changing engine data is. In any case, I'm looking forward to the ER!

Any update at all on this? I know the 744 is probably at the top of pile at the moment but the 77X is such a great product that it'd be a travesty if the 200ER wasn't done.

Cheers,

Alex Macdonald