Do you want the 777-200/ER?

Do you want the 777-200/ER  

2,064 members have voted

1. 1. Build the 777-200/ER?

I don't know which models PMDG is going to release first

77L - Base Pack

77W - First Expansion

77F - Second Expansion

Then the 777-200/ER and possibly 300 Non-ER's will come later. I think they said if there's enough community interest. However with the B747 V2 and what else is after, I bet we wouldn't see the 200ER for at least a year or so. I love them all - I think I'll fly the 300ER the most!

77L - Base Pack

77W - First Expansion

77F - Second Expansion

Then the 777-200/ER and possibly 300 Non-ER's will come later. I think they said if there's enough community interest. However with the B747 V2 and what else is after, I bet we wouldn't see the 200ER for at least a year or so. I love them all - I think I'll fly the 300ER the most!

That's a shame. I'm glad the 77W is getting released but I fly the -200ER frequently, I have never flown the -200LR. If the -200ER is not coming out for at least a year, is the Captainsim 777-200ER any good? I know I'm not supposed to talk about other developer aircraft or mention them but most of Virtual BA long haul routes are done by the -200ER model.

That's a shame. I'm glad the 77W is getting released but I fly the -200ER frequently, I have never flown the -200LR. If the -200ER is not coming out for at least a year, is the Captainsim 777-200ER any good? I know I'm not supposed to talk about other developer aircraft or mention them but most of Virtual BA long haul routes are done by the -200ER model.

Yeah I know I've spent the past couple years on the 772ER.

This by no means is an opening for a debate/argument - but I don't personally like it. There's various reasons, I guess I just want the perfection that PMDG bring to the table. At the state it's in now I'd say don't buy it, however the next version is it officially out of development; being V1.0. So it could improve! They may have demos you can try :-)

At the state it's in now I'd say don't buy it, however the next version is it officially out of development; being V1.0. So it could improve! They may have demos you can try :-)

Absolutely. Anything with "beta" is to be avoided, esp. flight sim models. Airsimmer A320 is a perfect example of beta gone wrong.

Absolutely. Anything with "beta" is to be avoided, esp. flight sim models. Airsimmer A320 is a perfect example of beta gone wrong.

I have that for FS9 - not that I knew how to fly it back then ha. What happened to it?

I have that for FS9 - not that I knew how to fly it back then ha. What happened to it?

I tried it not so long ago. Its still full of bugs, errors, CTD's. Its on v1.3 now but things have been passively silent at their forums. I fly with FSX now, waiting for a near perfect airbus model(s) to be finished. There you have it. Back to the topic of 777 now.

I would like a -200ER, it's just that I'd like a -300ER first, as Virgin Australia only operate that variant and the only aussie carrier to operate the 777 at all.

If PMDG make it, I'll be buying it. I'd also be more likley to use a 777-200ER more than a 777-200LR due to the fact that more airlines use the ER. Being an Australian the 777-300ER is also higher on my disirability list than the LR.

Though if the 777-200ER was released it would likley turn into my most common North Atlantic Crossing machine, with Cross the Pond Vatsim flyins potentially seeing action from 777-200ER's in BAW, AAL, UAL, KLM, and maybe AFR liveries.

the B77L on the other hand would only see action from ACA and DAL.

According to Wiki (I know, probably not up to date etc), only 48 B777-200LR's are in operation compared to 411 777-200ER's. I recognize the LR is the newer model (therefore less time to have orders filled) and may eventually 'catch up' to the ER in terms of numbers, but at the present day, that's a lot of catching up to do indeed!

Of course, PMDG have done the smart thing (Commercially) in making the -200LR the base pack. Therefore if you want to fly the -300ER, you need the -200LR to do it. The Engine model variants make sense that way too. the -200ER has less in common with the -300ER than the -200LR does in many ways.

Regardless, I'm happy with the order of things so far, and am looking forward to when the777 and it's expansion packs eventually hit my hangar. and the 747-400v2 also for that matter.

Trent Hopkinson

This poll has no value.....the B777-200 standard and ER should have gone first out of the box.

Then 200LR and 300ER should be expansion.

But then again, it is. Business strategy, like Apple IPAD, they could have thrown everything on the first generation, but people keep buying every time a new generation is released.

Just my two cents.....

And yes...I love to see th 200ER.

Kin M.

(klax)

This poll has no value....

PMDG said they'd develop them if there was enough community interest. This was to shine some light for PMDG to realise there are LOTS that want the 200/ER. Just like the other NGX expansions - they weren't rushed out because there wasn't enough community interest; therefore they're looking at them at a later date. The 300ER is probably the most popular 777- the LR and it are so familiar it makes sense to do them first. Also the fact the LR was the first 777 they photo surveyed - so it makes sense. However I would have loved to have seen the LR & 300ER in the base pack; that would work extremely well! Anyhow I don't see the 300ER being far off nore the Freighter. Unless they get too tied up with the B747's and whatnot :-)

Without question the -200ER and -300ER models should be developed. There are far more of these models in service than there are -200LRs.

I'll even go a step further. If PMDG decides not to develop these, then I will definitely have second thoughts about purchasing their 777. This would really be a shame.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I agree with Dave. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say if there is uncertainty on whether the 200ER will be developed, I may even pass (GASP!) on the 777 series. I really primarily desire the 200ER. I know it's getting old and all, but I can guarantee you that the way our USA operators "fly their aircraft 'till the wings fall off'," the -200ER will be flying for a very long time. And since there really isn't a direct replacement for the 200ER on the horizon (LR doesn't count...little interest from operators), I'm sure Delta, UA, and AA will be flying them until at least 2020 or later. I count the -200ER as just about as iconic in the US as the 767 was/is.