Sign in to follow this  
RobbSpeed

RXP 530

Hey guys,

In Bert's 430 integration thread, Eddie chimed in with a post that places the 530 screen over the Avidyne. Works as intended so my thanks to Eddie for that.

However, I'm not a big fan of pop-ups. I wondered if there is a panel edit possible to place the entire 530, including knobs and buttons over the Avidyne? Or is it not possible yet because of the way the current VC is modeled? I get confused on such things.

Reading thru the history of posts, I was able to find a 530 setup for the Carenado Baron and it works nicely without the need for pop-ups.

I'm not an owner yet of the RXP 430. I figure I will get that, along with the unlimited package sometime down the line once I'm more proficient with the 530. So I'm also curious for a possible edit to blank-plate the 400 in the C90. Currently, I just leave it powered off, and that is fine for me, just thought I would ask.

Thanks for any replies or assistance.

Rob Simmons

P3Dv5 • Win10 x64 • i7 10700K @ 5.1 • Maximus XII Hero EVGA RTX 2080Ti Hydro Copper • 32gb G.SKILL • 2x m.2 • 4x SSD • 2x HD • 43" LG 4K

Hey Rob,

Bert is much wiser in the RXP world but my understanding is that the faceplate, knobs, etc. are part of the 3D model of the panel and easily editable. The 530 shows through a "hole" in the panel.

Make that NOT easily editable. (like these posts on an iPad!)

Eddie
KABQ

Haha thanks for the reply Eddie. Yeah such a pain typing on the ipad sometimes. Thank goodness I'm not much of a poster!

I will wait for Bert to chime in.

This is slightly off topic I guess but have you done autopilot GPS approaches on the C90 with the 530 setup you created? I having trouble getting it to fly the profile. As I type this, I have a theory on why, so I'm gonna fire up the sim and take another look. My 530 in the baron handles it perfectly.

Thanks again for the response!

Rob Simmons

P3Dv5 • Win10 x64 • i7 10700K @ 5.1 • Maximus XII Hero EVGA RTX 2080Ti Hydro Copper • 32gb G.SKILL • 2x m.2 • 4x SSD • 2x HD • 43" LG 4K

Ok thanks, guys! That was the clarification I need. And I have my GPS approach issue sorted... Always learning :smile:

Rob Simmons

Well... it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. OK, it was. But six hours of Photoshop later, I have the RXP 530 fully functional in my panel!

A. It's not perfect. I had to stretch the bitmap around to make sure the buttons lined up. So there is some "filler" if you look really close. Don't look so close.

B. The buttons aren't perfect. But they are close. If you watch for the orange hand you'll be fine.

C. I don't know how (if it can be done) to move the 3D knobs. So they aren't really even close to being where they need to be. Again, use the RXP green and orange arrows and you can work it quite well.

If anyone (Rob?) is interested I can post the files and instructions.

Thanks to Bert for my (limited) RXP panel.cfg education!

RXP-530-Day.jpg

And night...

RXP-Night.jpg

Eddie
KABQ

That is some dandy smoke and mirrors Photoshop work.. Nice job!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Yes, Eddie, please do post the files and the instructions. I am sure many people will be interested - as I am!

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

Yes please Eddie. Looks much better than the Avidyne and the 430/530 combo seems to be a fairly common set up

Thanks

dissy

If you can walk away it's a good landing

Eddie,

Yes the file and instructions would be much appreciated. I was so close to putting the C90 back in the hangar as I'm having more fun with the 530 in the Baron. But your screenies look very promising and I (we) would love to try it out!

Rob Simmons

Same here Eddie, would appreciated the file and instructions also. Nice job!... :Loser:

Cheers

Martin

Count me in on it. I'd also like to have the files and instructions.

As long as the Avidyne doesn't play along with the GNS430 properly (e. g. not displaying route in the Avidyne), the C90 is grounded for me, althouth it's a new purchase. There are still just too many issues with this aircraft Black%20Eye.gif

Dave P. Woycek

Looks amazing!

And yes, I'd like a copy of the changed bitmap!

This should then also work for a 530/430 combo..

Bert

Yes Bert, I'll be buying the 430 along with the unlimited package today if Eddie's edit works as I'm expecting it to

Rob Simmons

Guest Mik75

Count me in! I want to have that mod too!