Sign in to follow this  
RobbSpeed

RXP 530

There are people with skillz around here!

Funny thing... In the real world... Pilots yank out the Avidyne systems too.

There are people with skillz around here!

Funny thing... In the real world... Pilots yank out the Avidyne systems too.

BTW. I was over at the Beechtalk forum and found a thread on why there are not more 530s and 430s in C90s. It has to do with the inabilty of the 84 EFIS to follow the vertical profile signals from the WAAS units. This negates one of the main advantages of the WAAS 400 and 500 series on approaches to non-ILS airports.

KDub

Interesting Kaydub... Avitrash... I mean Avidyne.. is notorious for spending more time in a mail box to Avidyne, then in the panel. They look pretty though, and not as intimidating as a Garmin..

how in the world did you modify the VC model to show 3d knobs?

I'll bet that took alot of copy and pasting! :) Thank you Sir Eddie

I just arrived at this party and already got a prize.

Many thanks Eddie. This is a BIG + for the C90

Best regards

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I'v been running into an issue where the upper half of the GNS430 screen (lower screen) is either blacked out or "Stuck" on the first loading page. Only in the 3d cockpit, not on the 2d popup.

Not at home currently, so I may have to look again at the panel config file, I may have copy-pasted something incorrect in there. Probably a simple fix. I'll keep you guys posted if I find it.

Trent Hopkinson

musicalaviator

Hello Guys

I have been trying to mod the cockpit 5 section for my RXP 430 GNS, but no success. I changed it several time, can someone show me exactly what been changed? any help would be apprciated.

Thanks

David

Great job Eddie!!, thanks for your time and hard work.

OK, got the 530 in the panel, (thanks to all your help), and it now easy to change the settings, BUT, should a "direct to" location also show up in the lower GPS??...........now I have to set the new airport in both systems.............and, when putting in "appr" mode, the plane does not follow the course settings,??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any fixes come to mind??...........B42L8

Do you have the RXP Unlimited package?

If yes, do you have Crossfill set to ON?

If not, your two GNS units operate independently of one another.

Hello Guys

I have been trying to mod the cockpit 5 section for my RXP 430 GNS, but no success. I changed it several time, can someone show me exactly what been changed? any help would be apprciated.

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Vcockpit05]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1024,1024

visible=0

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$Panel_5

gauge00=EX500_C90!EX500_config, 0, 0, 1, 1

gauge01=EX500_C90!EX500_3D, 0,512,513 , 411

//gauge02=C90KA!ToggleCARG500, 64,512,448,64

gauge03=EFISC90!EFIS_3D, 0, 0, 512,512

gauge04=GAUGEC90EFIS!Gauge_EFIS84_EHSI_3D, 512, 0, 512,512

gauge05=rxpgns!GNS430, 510, 510, 500,262

Bert

Hi Bert

Thank you for your help, unfortunately I do not have the RXP unlimited package. I am not sure whats this is for yet, but again thanks for your help, take care.

David

I don't have that package either, but if they are independent, that is all I wanted to know......I can live with that...........BTW, just did a ILS approach to CYYJ and seemed to work fine, except that I can't get the Alt Sel to match with the number on the guage, have to use the ele trim to get therek, then do SEL..............can that be something I did not install correct?? B42L8

Thanks a lot for the thorough instructions! I don't own any RealityXP products yet, but the results from the others look great. The Avidyne is indeed a FPS killer and I understand the 530 (and /430 combo) is much easier on frames.

I do have one question for the RealityXP users though. I visited the RealityXP website/shop and was a bit surprised by the prices. I am a GA/VFR rookie, having flown mostly big metal like the NGX until now, but the raving reviews for the C90B drew me in and now I'm hooked. I must however be missing something. Each of the GPS units (430/530) is $50 each in the webshop, and the unlimited package is $100! Does this mean the 530/430 combo users have paid $200 for this setup?

I'm genuinly curious what the appeal is and how it enriches your flying experience. In any case, I think I would start off with only the 530 to replace the Avidyne.

-Steffen

@ Steffen...yes. I paid $200 for the whole setup. It is probably the best money I have put into FSX, since it is the most accurate rendition of the most widely used panel-mounted GPS system available. I fly with them IRL, and the RXP versions are great tools that are virtually identical to the real-world counterparts.

Could someone with the unlimited pack please post an .ini file for the 430/530 combo? I was looking into copying one from another aircraft, but they show some confusing entries....

@...It is probably the best money I have put into FSX, since it is the most accurate rendition of the most widely used panel-mounted GPS system available. I fly with them IRL, and the RXP versions are great tools that are virtually identical to the real-world counterparts...

Thanks, Matt. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. From the presentation on the website (and the prices) I take it these products are meant to function as a serious training tool for the real counterpart. Is it safe to assume that some good documentation, or even a digital copy of the actual 430/530 manual, is included in the purchase? The PDF available for download only gives instructions for installation/setup as far as I can see.

The manuals can be downloaded from the Garmin website...there are a few differences; namely, the center-knob on both sides of the real unit 'push in' to actvate the cursor....but on the RXP units, they provided a click-spot to the inner right and inner left of these knobs to activate the cursor, as one example....