Sign in to follow this  
srburger

FS-GS made me able to fly smoothly even with Ground Shadows on !!!

Guest product

What kind of FPS are you getting?Best,Joel

I tested it with the worst senario (for what I have):German airport EDDM with PMDG 737 and Ultimate Traffic, daytime with a complete overcast cloud layer and a high cirrus layer. My lowest FPS during takeoff pan view was over 15 (VS 6 to 8 before FS-GS and with a much lower setting). It stayed the same when I was in the air and over looking the whole airport. It was way above 30 FPS in the cloud and a bit over 20 when flying over the cloud. And with the cloud density set to Max, the overcast layer looked amazing. I could not see any part of the ground whatsoever (remember how many people have been complaining about "holes" in overcast layer in FS2004? Well, I don't have any of those anymore :)). In general, my FPS is at least doubled with all the higher settings at the same time.One of the FS-GS' point is the FPS does not equal smoothness. And I agree with them. My whole sim runs without stuttering now so it actually feels smoother at all time.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

The guys at FS-GS really know their stuff, don't they? Based on previous reviews, I expected (and got) a smooth-running sim after working with them. But what blew me away was how good MSFS looked afterward. I had tried pushing all the sliders to the max before, but the FS world never looked like it does now. For the first time, I can really enjoy flying low and slow...Ken