Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk65

777 Realism

Do you plan on adding any fuctionality with the FMC that will be able to allow you to request a flight plan / route of flight??

Will the checklist or any aircraft specific features be accesible through the scratch pad middle console screen??

Will the bells and whistles that you normally hear when operating the FMC or Middle Screen be included?? I.E. Loading a Flight Plan

Im wondering if RTA & RF will be included. More so RTA as you would use it more on the T7 than an NG.

I don't know how the datalink flight plan loading thing would work guys - where would the "dispatcher" sending you your flight plans be?

The electronic checklists will be there.

RTA will be there. RF probably not as we don't have a data source for those procedures as of yet.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Gidday Ryan,

Could the flight plan not be loaded after a nominal delay? For example I plan the route using fsbuild / pfpx and save it in the /FLTPLAN location. Instead of using a stored route loading like we could in ngx, could we request route and the code has a random delay to find and load the route?

Another feature would be to request winds? I have no idea how you could implement this however it would be a neat feature to have. If any dev could do it, it would be pmdg.

Looking forward to it none the less!!

Regards,

Tim

Instead of using a stored route loading like we could in ngx, could we request route and the code has a random delay to find and load the route?

Another feature would be to request winds?

Both of these are amazing ideas.

- Kevin

Do you plan on adding any fuctionality with the FMC that will be able to allow you to request a flight plan / route of flight??

I don't get how you expect that to work? As Ryan said if they get Flight Plans sent it comes from Dispatch. You can indeed get pre-loaded routes for PMDG Aircraft, generate the route into simroutes.com then download the PMDG File. You then put that file in - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS

Example:

The file would be called "EGLLKIAD.rte"

In the FMC you would type EGLLKIAD in the COROUTE line and it will load your Flight Plan. I do this for the LDS 767 and works great!

Honestly one of my top features I'm looking forward to! I have a question regarding that you may be able to clear up, when doing the check-lists will we have to press a button to use the MFD or if we hover our mouse over it will it just let us click? I know that's how the PSS worked but not sure how you guys are doing it.

Given that the guy who designed the PSS one works for us now I assume we'll do something similar for the cursor control...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I don't really see how you could simulate an ACARS datalink as you would need the backend for it. Also I doubt CPDLC features will be included either as FSX ATC can't interface with that as far as I know. It would be cool the be able to request an oceanic clearance from Gander Control, but unlikely.

I was thinking something along the lines of Hoppie's ACARS(http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/) to be added for VATSIM for the ACARS system, and the "ACARS style" Flightplan / Wind uplink could be used with or without VATSIM. Hoppie's ACARS can be used with TOPCATSIM's TOPCAT program and maybe even the PFPX one also (unknown by me).

These are just ideas I have had for the 777 / 747 v2 that would really wind up the immersion factor. I am not a dev, nor can I code. I won't be disappointed and I won't carry on about it. I'm simply trying to help these guys make a great sim even greater. Good luck PMDG, I'm looking forward to it, whenever it will be released.

Cheers,

Tim

I have a question. Will the 777 have Fly By Wire?

It should, that's how the RW is operated but its not the same as the F/A-18 or Airbus FBW.

I have a question. Will the 777 have Fly By Wire?

Yeah but the 777 doesn't have the same Fly By Wire you see in Airbuses. Not 100% of all the differences, sure you can find out online!

In regards to flight loading. If you recall for FS2CREW you used to have to go into the settings prior to launching FS and starting the program. You used to have to enter information for Clearance Request and Flight Information so when using FS2CREW it would have all the variables pre-loaded. So what if PMDG came up with something similar to act as both dispatch and pre-clearance request.

Prior to launching FS you would go into a smiliar Settings Control, to upload a rte. file from vroute etc. you could also enter other information in regards to the flight, weather pre-clearance etc.

Then when FS is running and you want to send off a request route it could pause for a couple of sec and come back with the route which has been pre-loaded into the settings. The same would apply for pre-clearance request.

Even better it could possibly work with PFE from Aerosoft. Espically due to the fact that you know what freq you will talk on first and you have the ability to create and SID and load them into the route.

So i believe that something like could work, and ya there is no actual dispatch or way to make it completely realistic, however it is a start and has the ability to simulate the functions and give you the effect of it being realistic.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. When I suggested a similar idea for the 'Cabin Secure' EICAS message before take-off, Ryan said it wouldn't happen, which is a shame as it doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a random timer.

I don't know how the datalink flight plan loading thing would work guys - where would the "dispatcher" sending you your flight plans be?

RTA will be there. RF probably not as we don't have a data source for those procedures as of yet.

Future patch to import from PFPX?

Incidentally, what's RF?

Many thanks.