Sign in to follow this  
andalusi

"positive rate" call to early (in my opinion)

Well, if other simmers experience the same then it's likely that the call is coded too soon. Again as in the coding I have done for the VC10 the "v2" call comes during the rotation. "Positive climb" "Gear up" comes a second or so later. It's coded to be at the earliest safe time. In practice it can be much later as some Captains like to delay "Gear up" and others like to do it sooner. It depends on their mood and on conditions. But, must be always above screen height. I like to do it when rotation is complete and I have modelled the VC10 to reflect my real flying technique.

vololiberista

Hi,

When you're flying a large swept wing aircraft, it is difficult to tell when the main wheels leave the ground, using the VSI to confirm a positive rate of climb is good practice. It also depends on the aircraft u fly, the 737 requires both an altimeter and VSI movement to call for a positive rate of climb.

Changing the code is not a big deal.

For SP2 (no ETA, but probably not for a quite a while since I consider the current V1.3 to be bug free), I'll add a condition so the Pos Rate call won't happen below 50 feet.

Thank you Bryan!