Sign in to follow this  
Busdvr

TileProxy and P3D?

I have tileproxy going through the motions in Prepar3d but no resultant ground texture changes. In the DOS box that opens on starting TP, I noticed that the assumed location of fsx is my real install of FSX even though I specified Prepar3d as the location during the setup questions. Anybody get it to work?

* bump *

Am also in the same boat,so to speak. Scenery Library in place and Tileproxy running however tiles do not draw upon the scenery. Has anyone had any luck getting it to work with Prepar3d?

Thanks in adavnce

Installed TP to P3d on a clean os, installed via the FSX to P3D migrator tool. Install went smooth, signed the drivers. Everything works but the scenery doesn't load. Not even the "NASA" blue marble .bgl. Everything shows in the scenery menu, just doesn't load.

I suspect it's a simple problem, had the same problem with imagine sim's klga fs9 version. Can anyone elaborite? It's probably something to do with the scenery.cfg or location of tp files.

Hi, try this

1. Rename Prepard3d.exe as FSX.exe

2. Install tp as usual

3. Erase FSUIPC from P3D folder

4. Eliminate the trouble with UAC (with the help of dsoe.exe f.i.)

5. I don't remember if I had to reinitialize the (fake) path to FSX with FS REgistry Repair (?)

Good luck

Pierre

Pierre

Hi, try this

1. Rename Prepard3d.exe as FSX.exe

2. Install tp as usual

3. Erase FSUIPC from P3D folder

4. Eliminate the trouble with UAC (with the help of dsoe.exe f.i.)

5. I don't remember if I had to reinitialize the (fake) path to FSX with FS REgistry Repair (?)

Good luck

Pierre

I don't think the problem I'm having is related to installing to P3d. the program loads fine but the textures are missing. Coincidentally, I found out that I was also having some problems with the dodo sim 206's external sounds which were aliased. I also noticed TP's sceneries are aliased.

Use this:

http://code.google.com/p/symlinker/

to create a link folder:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

that is linked to:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Preapar3d

Probably this solve the problem since tileproxy is trying to make changes in subdirectory below FSX and not P3D

Hope this help

Marcello

Marcello,, that sounds like a genius suggestion! I was looking for a fix for this for very long time. Jay - can you confirm it works? I will give it a try next week when get time to fly but would be great to know if you have success.

Marcello,, that sounds like a genius suggestion! I was looking for a fix for this for very long time. Jay - can you confirm it works? I will give it a try next week when get time to fly but would be great to know if you have success.

I'm familiar with creating junctions, I'll give it a shot. Although, I was under the impression that the migrator performed this action for me, then again... I did name the junctioned folder a non-standard name. I will report back if it works gentlemen.

I've created the necessary junctions, but my initial test runs failed to work. I still believe it's not a problem with TP, it's a problem with P3D (more specifically I think aliases). How did other scenery creators get around the issue? Maybe we should ask someone over at ORBX.

Maybe it's not aliases, maybe LM changed nothing regarding the scenery structure. All I know is I have former sceneries that installed without errors and made their way into the scenery.cfg falwlessly. P3d would genereate the new scenery indexes at startup, but not display them in game.

I'll try to fool around with it some more, just keep in mind I'm in no way a developer and pretty much have no clue what I'm doing. Someone is probably better than this at me so if you can help please do!

In the meantime I'll keep fiddling around...

EDIT: Anothery theory, that I think might have to do with layers/priority. I'm still not getting any "hits" or "misses" in TP but upon studying the scenery.cfg a little further I realized that the layer numbers did not correspond to priority numbers. Is this normal? I'll do some tinkering later this week. Thats all for tonight

Edited by jayvaughan08

After a clean re-install, tileproxy b8 is now working nicely with prepar3d.

To get tile proxy to work I did the following:

- Installed P3D Clean

- Installed Flight Sim Estonia's FSX to P3D migrator tool

- Enabled FSX Mode

- Installed TP as usual

- Verified my ProxyUser.ini settings were 100% correct

- Ran P3D in legacy Mode (only available when the migrator tool is running in fsx mode)

- Fly with TP!!!

Troubleshooting:

- Make sure you have your proxy user.ini set up perfectly

- Make sure you are running p3d in legacy mode

- Make sure you've enabled fsx mode via the migrator

- Make sure tp is running :)

P.S. There are some scenery.cfg errors inherent with P3D (addon scenery and bythmetry overlap), but these didn't seem to affect TP.

PM me if you have any questions.

- J

After a clean re-install, tileproxy b8 is now working nicely with prepar3d.

To get tile proxy to work I did the following:

- Installed P3D Clean

- Installed Flight Sim Estonia's FSX to P3D migrator tool

- Enabled FSX Mode

- Installed TP as usual

- Verified my ProxyUser.ini settings were 100% correct

- Ran P3D in legacy Mode (only available when the migrator tool is running in fsx mode)

- Fly with TP!!!

Troubleshooting:

- Make sure you have your proxy user.ini set up perfectly

- Make sure you are running p3d in legacy mode

- Make sure you've enabled fsx mode via the migrator

- Make sure tp is running :)

P.S. There are some scenery.cfg errors inherent with P3D (addon scenery and bythmetry overlap), but these didn't seem to affect TP.

PM me if you have any questions.

- J

Hi,

I have installed TP for P3dv2.2 with the migration tool, install seems to work properly but tiles are not loading into the sim any suggestions!

help is very much appreciated

thanks alot

Harry!!!

Hi,

I have installed TP for P3dv2.2 with the migration tool, install seems to work properly but tiles are not loading into the sim any suggestions!

help is very much appreciated

thanks alot

Harry!!!

I hope you already solved your problem.

If not...

I was exactly with the same problem, did what JayVaugh8 suggested and got stuck the same stage you were.

What Idid miss was the LEGACY MODE!!! 

It is one of the shortcuts, almost at the end of Migration Tool window (Explore;Start;Start in Legacy Mode).

Just launched the link and the tiles were loaded!!!

In my case no need for a clean install.

Thanks a lot JayVaugh8!!