Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

RC Display Window in FSX

Hi

Don't know if this is still possible with FSX and the latest version of FSUIPC.

I have just installed RC 4.3 on a client computer through FSUIPC, everything is working very well. Is there any way I can have the RC Display Window showing on the client computer's screen rather that on the FSX screen. I notice this paragraph from the 4.3 manual but think it refers to older versions of FSUIPC that used AVDisplay.

If you want the RC menus to appear on the second machine you can use the 'ShowText' utility which is part of Pete Dowson's AdvDisplay. ShowText should be installed on the second machine and details of its use are given in the documentation that comes with it.

Glen

Glen

I have just installed RC 4.3 on a client computer through FSUIPC, everything is working very well. Is there any way I can have the RC Display Window showing on the client computer's screen rather that on the FSX screen. I notice this paragraph from the 4.3 manual but think it refers to older versions of FSUIPC that used AVDisplay.

ShowText works with any version of FSUIPC and WideClient. It was originally packaged with AdvDisplay in the same ZIP, but it was independent of it.

As with many other useful programs, it is available in the Download Links subforum on my Support Forum.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Many thanks Pete, I'll take a look.

Glen

Glen