Sign in to follow this  
TurboTomato

787 Tour

Arrives in Gatwick on Wednesday - here's hoping for a 26L day otherwise I may not see it. At the moment, looking at a 1050 arrival so with the help of FR24 (hopefully it'll be on there) I'll get to see it.

Anyone else in the UK going to see it?

It arrived in Manchester earlier today, Thomson Airways are previewing it at the moment... Unfortunately I dont live in Manchester no more so cant see it :sad:.

It was in Shannon a few months ago, Im still kicking myself that I didn't go up to see it!!! but you win some and you lose some.

Look for the goofy looking airplane with the wings going vertical and not as quiet as they say :)

That is one Boeing plane that is not all of what it was supposed to be and makes me said being a Boeing baby.

Really foul weather today which would have made for an interesting viewing of the approach but they are back to 08R and unlikely to change back in the next hour or so when it's due to arrive :(

I saw it briefly yesterday lunchtime as it flew over my house before landing back at EGCC. Nothing visually remarkable about it unlike say Concorde or the A380. Inside of course a completely different animal.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It will probably end up on bricks with the wheels stolen after having landed at Manchester. :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It will probably end up on bricks with the wheels stolen after having landed at Manchester. :LMAO:

Al

Hmmm, they usually mean another city in England when that joke is made. In this day and age I wouldn't be surprised to see a parking ticket on it though! :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I presume you mean a certain place 35 miles to the west of Manchester? Yeah, I think they had to nail the runway down there.

When it came to picking a line from the song to use as their advertising strapline, I always thought that they should have used 'imagine no possessions' instead of 'above us only sky', although in reference to LFC's poor league performance at the time, one wag did actually vandalise the sign outside the airport by painting under their chosen catchline: 'below us only Spurs and QPR' :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Arrived uneventfully on 08R, so I didn't get to see it. Looks like it will depart before I arrive for work as well.

I presume you mean a certain place 35 miles to the west of Manchester? Yeah, I think they had to nail the runway down there.

You don't have a high regard for northern towns then? :sad:

When it came to picking a line from the song to use as their advertising strapline, I always thought that they should have used 'imagine no possessions' instead of 'above us only sky', although in reference to LFC's poor league performance at the time, one wag did actually vandalise the sign outside the airport by painting under their chosen catchline: 'below us only Spurs and QPR' :LMAO:

Must have been an Evertonian.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You don't have a high regard for northern towns then? :sad:

Given that I could probably drive to your house in less than ten minutes, it would be a bit silly if I didn't like the NW. :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Good thing,Al, Radio Merseyside don't tune in to this 'show' ,or there'd be callers to Roger Phillips' calling for your hide. But, hey, us Brits are renowned for our wry sense of humour and even I as an LFC fan can see that wit coming through. Makes a nice change from the usual 'I want, we want'.

The 787 looked good landing at EGCC. Manager there hopes that the long-range services such as I remember in the 70s-90s of Singapore Megatops, Qantas, Cathay, Air India, will return with this new fuel-efficient aircraft.

He wouldn't get very far, I'm a Liverpool supporter too, we're allowed to take the **** out of ourselves :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury