Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Thomas Ruth Freeware DC-10 V2 out now!

Hello Dc-10 fans Thomas Ruth with the Erick Cantu Model has just released today v2 of the Dc-10 with a virtual cockpit and panel I wanna thank Thomas Ruth and Erick Cantu for these wonderful models and freeware too thanks! :Party:

http://library.avsim...xac&DLID=167876

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Yeah, would like to hear more about this.

- Aaron

The vc looks really good for freeware

Lee

I love his A310 and 306. I had some bad vc fps issues in the first release, interested to see how this performs. Regardless, thank you Thomas for the incredible amount of work that go into these beauties!!

So far, I've found this addon to be quite good. A great VC, panel, and model are all important, and this has all. I do have complaints about the FDE though. For one thing, it feels well overpowered, and my other annoyance is that the ailerons are too strong, and touchy. I hope Tom addresses these, but other than that, it's a great plane to have in your hanger, and the first DC-10 freeware for FSX (also first freeware DC-10 with VC). Good work!

Wow, looks great. How does she fly?

She's stable and easy to handle in the air, on the ground when taxing she biases to the right, takeoff wassn't affected though

Thats horrible! I can only assume the aircraft model is much better than the quality of the graphics and or picture?

My guess is Jpeg + downsize, standard FSX screens are 3MB (way above AVSiM's attachment size resirtictions,) and AVSIM won't support BMP in attachments (and no image hosters either for that matter)

I assure you the plane looks good, the exterior is on par with CLS, the wings are far better than CLS, and the VC is awesome (makes the CLS VC look like an Abacus creation)

She's stable and easy to handle in the air, on the ground when taxing she biases to the right, takeoff wassn't affected though

My guess is Jpeg + downsize, standard FSX screens are 3MB (way above AVSiM's attachment size resirtictions,) and AVSIM won't support BMP in attachments (and no image hosters either for that matter)

I assure you the plane looks good, the exterior is on par with CLS, the wings are far better than CLS, and the VC is awesome (makes the CLS VC look like an Abacus creation)

So, has Tom's DC-10 grounded your CLS ones?

Zicheng Cai

I downloaded it. It is a nice looking plane. I do not like the way it handles. It does seem ridiculously overpowered. Very sluggish and unresponsive to rudder input.

David Norman Paul

I believe Mr Ruth has stated time and time that he is no FDE expert and would not be fair to compare to payware aircraft that has a huge amount of time in development, or should have. We still have the ability to make our own little tweaks I reckon. That is still what makes FSX part of a hobby compared to "OTHER" sim versions. :) I really apreciate their contribution to the quality freeware aircraft for FSX.

I believe Mr Ruth has stated time and time that he is no FDE expert and would not be fair to compare to payware aircraft that has a huge amount of time in development, or should have. We still have the ability to make our own little tweaks I reckon. That is still what makes FSX part of a hobby compared to "OTHER" sim versions. :) I really apreciate their contribution to the quality freeware aircraft for FSX.

I agree Ardee maybe hopfully someone that is good in fde development can tweak the fde I'm sure Mr Ruth did his best or maybe it can be swapped with the original sga fde and least now people have in option.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.