Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

P-40 To be Released Wednesday

You're certainly not speaking for me nor a lot of others.

Lol - then speak for YOURSELF not 'a lot of others' - all we can ever express is our opinion, and as others have commented this is already a successful game. I think that because we all heard that the team are hiring an art lead or something similar...

I have yet to buy one of these new fangled war-birds, but having had a Zero overfly me by about 10 feet (I think my RV rocked in the wake) then circle around to park next to me, it's an impressive piece of modelling, with or without cockpit.

Anyway tomorrow we'll all know the secret of the P-40.

what??? source please

You wanna see source? Well, I am the source. Just STEAM itself had over 3k users on Flight for the first week after entry. The Hawaiian Starter Bundle, sold for $30 USD got up to as high as 6th most popular bought over steam that week.

If you don't believe it, you can ask any beta tester other than me who has steam and they can backup the evidence that I saw over steam. Ask a dev like delafina and she'll know.

And vonbobo, you sound like you still think that Flight is still a horrible simulator.

Flight isn't complete now, but it will become more complete with time.

Complete with what ???????

Default looking scenery ???? Cockpitless aircrafts - - very likely you are about to get the next one very very soon !!

No real weather - No Atc - and an empty world voided of anything moving other than yourself ??

you call that be a complete simulation platform ??

not to mention the lack of different styles of addons - other than MS stamp !!!!

No Way !!! I would say - the more time it goes the more sterile it become !!

enjoy hawaii !!! as you been there for a very very long vacation already !!

Yawn - heard it all before sunshine... I cannot believe the obsession of some with those ridiculous cars in FSX that sort of appear, drive along for a bit then disappear again... In Flight pretty well every tree SWAYS in the wind. Hell, if they had on grass skirts, they'd be dancing...

Hell, if they had on grass skirts, they'd be dancing...

I think you have hit on the single biggest thing missing from Flight...

Hula girls!

Another possible interpretation is very different. FSX was already at start a much more robust product, there is really no comparison...

One could equally interpret that you find it more entertaining disparaging Flight out of some misbegotten grudge than flying in the fabulous 'as real as it gets' FSX world...

Of course that is not the case, but you see how dangerous re-interpretations of the words of others can be?

And before the FSX hardcore brigade wade in with the usual sarcasm (you know who you are) I am not advocating '######' comments only, just the same sense of courtesy that you would extend to the friend of a friend... Hey. Can't be that hard...

I think you have hit on the single biggest thing missing from Flight...

Hula girls!

Hell yeah!

You wanna see source? Well, I am the source. Just STEAM itself had over 3k users on Flight for the first week after entry. The Hawaiian Starter Bundle, sold for $30 USD got up to as high as 6th most popular bought over steam that week.

If you don't believe it, you can ask any beta tester other than me who has steam and they can backup the evidence that I saw over steam. Ask a dev like delafina and she'll know.

And vonbobo, you sound like you still think that Flight is still a horrible simulator.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, your opinion is not the same as statistical sources.

Relax with the us vs them stuff. :Peace:

Antlab: The CODE BASE of FSX isn't ever going to change. It was in bad shape on release, SP1 fixed a bunch of things, SP2 broke a bunch of others. There will never ever ever be an SP3.

Flight, on the other hand, is a living program. It's already had fixes and enhancements and will have many more in its lifetime. Unless of course the detractors succeed in killing it, in which case you're left with FSX. Good thing that can't happen, huh?

Flight, as a product, is very young. Give it time to grow.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Relax with the us vs them stuff. :Peace:

+1.

Lets enjoy our hobby,whatever it might be.

Cheers

Guest Antlab

You wanna see source? Well, I am the source. Just STEAM itself had over 3k users on Flight for the first week after entry.

Uhm, there is something strange with the math, I think.

Just assume your data, 3K in the first week (that usually is also one of the periods of maximum visibility, particularly in the crowded world of Steam). Howard talked about a planned target of several millions of players, that would be in agreement with the idea that Flight can have a bigger public than FSX.

But then, if in the first week Steam only had 3K users, we seem very far from the target, are you sure with that numbers MS can really think of Flight as a success?

A.

Flight, on the other hand, is a living program. It's already had fixes and enhancements and will have many more in its lifetime. Unless of course the detractors succeed in killing it, in which case you're left with FSX. Good thing that can't happen, huh

Considering that FSX, also if much richer than Flight, is already six years old, and is not more developed, and just in case that your young living program will not become a beautiful swan, I recently purchased also X-Plane 10, so I'm not left with FSX in any case Big%20Grin.gif

A.

Guest Antlab

3k just from steam is what I said, not 3k in total.

Yes, but you know that Steam is considered by many the best online game service, so probably it gave to Flight much more visibility than Live. But we can also think of doubling that number, let's say 6K the first week. Don't you think it's quite low respect to the ambitions reported by Howard, also considering the fact that the base game is free, so probably many users downloaded it just to try without risking nothing?

It would be interesting to have similar data for other success games, to compare the first week results with the total ones after some time.

A.

I recently purchased also X-Plane 10, so I'm not left with FSX in any case

I hope X-Plane 10 is better than FSX. :) It also has the advantage that it's still in development.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still trying to get over the shock of Microsoft developing ANY kind of new flight sim at all. It was obvious that FSX was intended to be the last of the series... disbanding Aces, program wouldn't run at max options on any computer in existance at the time, wouldn't run well on medium options on average computers either.

I got the impression that Microsoft didn't want to sink much development money into Flight until they could verify there was a market for it. Now that they can see there's a market, they may loosen the purse strings a bit.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Lol - then speak for YOURSELF not 'a lot of others'

I did not speak for anyone else. I simply pointed out to the person who did the same thing you just did. Thanks for agreeing with me.

I agree completely. I just don't understand why people think this is a bad thing.

Sure, a lot of us have no interest in the basic planes. But they're helping to fund development of the things we do have interest in.

We're supposed to get a new area 3 to 4 times a year. New areas are likely to come with deluxe planes, with basic planes every month to fill in the gaps. I have no problems with having a few months between the new areas; that's just how the subscription model works. I don't need to buy the filler products.

FSX was just the main program plus 2 service packs and that was it. If SP2 broke anything (and it seems to have broken a lot) then you're just out of luck. Flight won't have that problem, as there will be fixes and enhancements as long as people are willing to buy DLC. Flight isn't complete now, but it will become more complete with time.

Hook

I agree with your thoughts on the subject,Flight should only get better given time, but the boredom has set in for me. I am not a fan of flying a plane from behind so I have my hopes pinned on Alaska. Until then I will bide my time with other games.

I'm intrigued at the thought of casual gamers helping fund more advanced simulation aspects. I'll be thrilled when (or if) I see it start to actually happen.